Ohio: The Inside Story
Index of Lessons Featured:
PDF Lesson sheets are approx. 600-700kb file size each.
America Votes Teacher's Guides
From Kids Voting USA and the NIE
- Electing A President - A Guide to the Election Process -1mb pdf
- Election Primary - Guide to using the newspaper in the study of elections -3mb pdf
- It's Your Government- How to Participate -1.2mb pdf
- Election News Guide -Study of the Elections by using NIE -2.65mb pdf
Guide Intro: “America Votes” 160.12KB
- Feature 1: “The Road to the White House” 224KB
1: Board Game 244.02KB
Purpose: Things voters and candidates do in preparing for an election.
2: “Governments, Branches and Officeholders” 496.77KB
- Activity 2: Quiz Sheet 316.94KB
Purpose: Identify officeholders and the jobs they do in the three branches of government and at the three levels of government.
- Feature 3: “Primaries and Caucuses” 345.56K
- Activity 3: Race to the Nomination 119.83KB
Purpose: Monitor the presidential primary.Interpret and organize information about the election process.
- Feature 4: “Becoming Informed” 325.29KB
- Activity4: Media Spin 433.07KB
Purpose: Recognize the role that the media plays in providing information and advertising about candidates.
- Feature 5: “Rights and Responsibilities” 299.60KB
- Activity 5: Get Out And Vote! 208.29KB
Purpose: Analyze political cartoons and discuss the value of voting and who has the right to vote.
- Feature 6: “Voting Rights” 231.30KB
- Activity 6: Voting Rights Timeline 95.58KB
Purpose: Examine and order the history of voting rights in America.
In printer friendly .PDF format.
Download the free Adobe Reader to view.