SHAWTOWN — A Pleasant Township residence was destroyed from a Wednesday morning fire. There were no injuries.
McComb Fire Chief Mike Voland said firefighters responded about 8:39 a.m. to 4060 Pleasant Township 115, where a fire was found in the living room and attic area. A metal roof had to be removed to get at the fire, he said.
One occupant was able to get out. Family lives nearby.
The fire started in a wall near the fireplace and spread through the structure. Voland estimated $30,000 building damage and $7,000 to contents.
The property, owned by Vernon Van Atta, was not insured, Voland said.
Allen Township and Leipsic fire departments provided mutual aid.