UPDATE: Fire destroys residence in Shawtown

SHAWTOWN — A Pleasant Township residence was destroyed from a Wednesday morning fire. There were no injuries.

McComb Fire Chief Mike Voland said firefighters responded about 8:39 a.m. to 4060 Pleasant Township 115, where a fire was found in the living room and attic area. A metal roof had to be removed to get at the fire, he said.

One occupant was able to get out. Family lives nearby.

The fire started in a wall near the fireplace and spread through the structure. Voland estimated $30,000 building damage and $7,000 to contents.

The property, owned by Vernon Van Atta, was not insured, Voland said.

Allen Township and Leipsic fire departments provided mutual aid.

Comments

comments

About the Author
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger