West Hardin Street fire burns garage, destroys shed

Fifteen firefighters responded to a garage fire at 606 W. Hardin St. at 6:29 p.m. Saturday with no injuries, the Findlay Fire Department reported.

Firefighters arrived on scene at 6:33 p.m. and got the fire under control by 6:40, the department reported.

The fire was accidentally caused by leaving a hot ember in with some yard waste inside a small storage shed, allowing the fire to spread to the garage, the department reported.

The fire department estimates roughly $10,000 in damage to the garage structure, and another estimated $10,000 to the contents of the garage, including heat damage to a motorcycle.

The shed was a total loss and most of the garage damage was on its exterior, the department reported.

The homeowner, Harley Russel, is insured.

Comments

comments

About the Author