Restaurant’s sign burns

Outback Steakhouse’s large outdoor neon sign on its eastern facade caught fire Thursday night around 9 p.m., prompting an evacuation of the Findlay restaurant.
According to the Findlay Fire Department, a metal portion of the sign overheated, setting part of its wood trim ablaze.
By the time firefighters arrived, employees had extinguished the fire with a garden hose, but smoke was still present.
Damage was isolated to that area and estimated at about $2,000.
No one was injured.
The restaurant is located at 930 Interstate Drive.


About the Author