The following is a look at construction and maintenance work on local roadways and state highways in the region. Information is provided by the City of Findlay Engineering Department, regional county engineer’s offices, and the Ohio Department of Transportation:
UPDATED: Monday, Aug. 13, 2018
- Fishlock Avenue, from East Sandusky Street to Blanchard Avenue, is closed to through traffic for road reconstruction. Only residents have access to their properties.
- During non-working hours, Fishlock is one-way southbound from Sandusky to Blanchard Avenue.
- On South Main Street, from Lima Street to Sixth Street, southbound traffic is reduced to one lane during working hours.
- U.S. 68/Ohio 15 remains reduced to one lane in both directions between Lima Avenue and West Hobart Avenue due to drainage work in preparation for road reconstruction.
- Construction of noise walls along the interstate has begun:
- Construction of the foundations for the walls will begin in the south end of the project area, on the east side of the interstate near Harrison Street, and proceed to the north.
- Construction of all noise walls is expected to be completed by July.
- For information concerning the I-75 reconstruction and widening project through Findlay and Hancock County, visit: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D01/PlanningPrograms/Projects/hancock75/Pages/Hancock-75.aspx
- Crews will be repaving Hancock County 12, between Rawson and Benton Ridge, through Wednesday.
- The Hancock County 139 bridge, between Liberty Township 89 and U.S. 224, has reopened to traffic.
- The Interstate 75 northbound exit and entrance ramps at U.S. 224 have been closed for reconstruction, as part of the interstate widening project through Findlay. The closings began on July 9. The exit ramp from I-75 northbound to U.S. 224 will be closed for about 60 days. The entrance ramp from U.S. 224 to I-75 northbound will be closed for about 30 days.
- U.S. 224 over I-75, and the I-75 southbound exit and entrance ramps at U.S. 224, will not be affected.
- For information concerning the I-75 reconstruction and widening project through Findlay and Hancock County, visit the project website at: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D01/PlanningPrograms/Projects/hancock75/Pages/Hancock-75.aspx
- Separately, I-75 between Bentley Road and Ohio 103 will be restricted to one lane at times for a bridge repair project. The project is expected to be completed in late September. I-75 over Riley Creek will be restricted to one lane in both directions during bridge deck work. County Road 15 over I-75 will close today for about 30 days for bridge repairs.
- U.S. 68 between Liberty Street and the bridge over Buck Run in Arlington is closed for a reconstruction project. Local access will be maintained throughout the project.
- Beginning today, Ohio 330 between North Street and Ohio 568, north of Vanlue, will be restricted to one lane for a resurfacing project.
- Ohio 330 over Ohio 15 is closed for a bridge deck replacement. Lane restrictions on Ohio 15 approaching the bridge are in place throughout the duration of the project.
- Beginning today, Ohio 568 between Bright Road and the Wyandot County line will be reduced to one lane for a resurfacing project.
- Norfolk Southern will join CSX in undertaking railroad crossing repairs this month in Hancock County. The Hancock County Engineer’s Office says the affected crossings are:
- Allen Township 142, just west of Interstate 75.
- Hancock County 220, Mortimer.
- Allen Township 230.
- Hancock County 18, Cass Township.
- Hancock County 236, Cass Township.
- Cass Township 238.
- Cass Township 247.
- Cass Township 243.
- Cass Township 254, at Arcadia village limits.
- North Main Street, Arcadia.
- Joslyn Street, Arcadia.
- The engineer’s office said closings of 30 to 60 minutes are possible this week, and that Norfolk Southern intends to start rail installations on Aug. 20. Each crossing could be closed three to four days as crews install rails at each location.
- I-75 will be restricted to one lane in each direction between Bentley Road and Ohio 103 for a bridge repair project. The project is expected to be completed in late September.
- I-75 over Riley Creek will be restricted to one lane in both directions during bridge deck work. County Road 15 over I-75 will close today for about 30 days for bridge repairs.
- I-75 over Little Riley Creek, just north of Beaverdam, will be restricted to one lane at times for a bridge repair project. Shoulder restrictions are also possible during the project. Work will last through mid-August.
- I-75 under Swaney Road, just north of Beaverdam, will be restricted to one lane at times for a bridge repair project that will begin today. Shoulder restrictions are also possible during the project. Swaney Road over I-75 closed last week for about three weeks.
- I-75 shoulders near the U.S. 30 overpass, just south of Beaverdam, are closed in both directions during a culvert replacement project beneath the interstate. Periodic lanes closures on I-75 are occurring. The next scheduled occurrence will begin today at 7 a.m. until noon Friday. Work is expected to continue through August.
- Ohio 309 between the Allen County line and the city of Kenton, including its overlap with Ohio 235, will be reduced to one lane for finish work associated with a pavement repair and resurfacing project.
No current road closures listed.
- Ohio 66 and Ohio 189 within the village of Ottoville will be restricted to one lane at various locations for pavement repairs and resurfacing.
- Ohio 65 between the southern village limits of Leipsic and the Henry County line will be restricted to one lane for a resurfacing project. The project also includes curb ramp construction in Leipsic and Belmore.
- Ohio 109 between Ohio 613 and the Henry County line, west of Leipsic, will be restricted to one lane for a resurfacing project.
- Ohio 189 between Township Road 16-S and Ohio 115, west of Columbus Grove, is now open following a culvert replacement.
- Ohio 189 between Ottoville and Fort Jennings will be restricted to one lane for work being done in preparation for a chip seal project.
- Ohio 190 at Township Road Q, north of Fort Jennings, will close today for about four months for the installation of a retaining wall along the Auglaize River.
- Ohio 634 in Continental will be restricted to one lane for the installation of curb ramps and sidewalks beginning this week.
No current road closures listed.
No current road closures listed.
- U.S. 23 near Township Highway 103, south of Carey, will be reduced to one lane in each direction for bridge deck sealing. Work will begin today and last for about two days.
- U.S. 30 between the Hancock County line and County Highway 330 will be reduced to one lane in each direction for a resurfacing project beginning next week.
- Ohio 37 between Township Highway 66 and Township Highway 58, southeast of the village of Forest, will not be affected during culvert repair. A full closure of the highway was originally scheduled to occur during this week.
- Ohio 568 between the Hancock County line and the village of Carey will be reduced to one lane for a resurfacing project.