The following is a look at construction and maintenance work on local roadways and state highways in the region. Information is provided by the City of Findlay Engineering Department, regional county engineer’s offices, and the Ohio Department of Transportation:
UPDATED: Monday, Sept. 18, 2017
- McManness Avenue, between Tiffin and Balsley avenues, will be closed to through traffic for storm sewer installation.
- McConnell Street, between McManness and Carnahan avenues, will be closed to through traffic for storm sewer installation.
- Woodside Drive, from Fostoria Avenue to the street’s dead end, will be closed to through traffic for waterline replacement.
- Main Street, between Lincoln and Center streets, is reduced to one lane in both directions for storm sewer, electrical and irrigation work as part of the ongoing downtown renovations.
- East Sandusky Street, between Main Street and Beech Avenue, will be closed to through traffic for curb replacements during working hours.
- Heather Drive in the Glen Meadows area will be closed to through traffic for waterline replacement.
- U.S. 68 from the Findlay airport to Eagle Creek, south of Findlay, will have daily lane closures in both directions for installation of cable barrier in the median. Work is expected to be completed in approximately eight weeks. The project also includes the installation of overhead lighting and the removal of the caution flasher at Western Avenue.
- The Interstate 75 southbound entrance and exit ramps at Ohio 12 in Findlay (exit 157) will closed earlier in September for about a month. The ramps are being closed for drainage installation and ramp reconstruction as part of the reconstruction and widening of Interstate 75 through Findlay.
- Traffic on Ohio 12 wanting to access Interstate 75 southbound will be detoured onto I-75 northbound to the U.S. 224 interchange, then back to Interstate 75 southbound.
- Traffic on Interstate 75 southbound wishing to access Ohio 12 will continue south on I-75 to the U.S. 68/Ohio 15 interchange, then take Interstate 75 northbound back to Ohio 12.
- Ohio 103 just east of Interstate 75, Bluffton, will close today for about five days for a culvert replacement.
- I-75 northbound, just north of Ohio 103, Bluffton, will have reduced-width lanes beginning this week for replacement of curb and guardrail. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained the majority of the time, but some intermittent lane closures will occur during daytime and nighttime hours.
- Ohio 186/Ohio 235 overlap in the village of McComb is closed for a railroad crossing repair.
- The following locations will be restricted to one lane during installation of center line rumble stripes:
- U.S. 224 from Ohio 235 to just west of Findlay.
- U.S. 224 from the east side of Findlay to the Seneca County line.
- Ohio 12 from Findlay to Fostoria, excluding Arcadia.
- Ohio 235 from the Hardin County line to Hancock County 304 will be reduced to one lane for pavement repair and resurfacing.
- Ohio 12 just east of Benton Ridge closed July 17 for about 60 days for a bridge deck repair.
- Bridge deck replacements are underway on Napoleon Road over I-75, Beaverdam, and Bentley Road over I-75, Bluffton.
- The Napoleon Road bridge over I-75 closed May 22 and will remain closed until late fall. The northbound exit ramp from Interstate 75 to Napoleon Road closed May 30 until late fall.
- The entrance ramp to I-75 southbound from Napoleon Road will remain open.
- Two bridges on Bentley Road at exit 140 (one over I-75 and one over the railroad north of I-75) closed June 5 until late October.
- Both the southbound entrance and exit ramps at Bentley Road closed on June 5 until late October. The northbound ramps at the interchange remain open. However, left turns onto Bentley Road from northbound Interstate 75 are not permitted.
- Interstate 75 southbound traffic is advised to access Bentley Road via the Ohio 103 interchange (exit 142) and follow Ohio 103 through Bluffton back to Bentley Road.
- I-75 both northbound and southbound will be periodically reduced to one lane at times beneath both the Napoleon Road and Bentley Road bridges during certain construction operations.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane for pavement repair and resurfacing at the following locations:
- U.S. 68 in Dunkirk from the south corporation limit to Washington Street.
- Ohio 235 from Ohio 117 to Ohio 309.
- Ohio 235 from the north corporation limit of Ada to the Hancock County line.
- Ohio 81 at Township Road 55 east of Ada will be reduced to one lane during a drainage tile repair project.
- Ohio 235 between County Road 110 and Township Road 120, south of Alger, will be reduced to one lane beginning this week for a culvert replacement. On Sept. 25, the road will then close for about three weeks.
- Ohio 117 just south of Roundhead will close Sept. 25 for about three weeks for a culvert replacement.
- U.S. 6 resurfacing: Through September, lane restrictions are possible on U.S. 6, between County P3 and the Henry/Wood County line, for resurfacing.
- Through mid-October, U.S. 6, between Ohio 65 and County 3A, will be reduced to one lane for bridge repair.
- Ohio 65 bridge repair: Through September, Ohio 65, between County 2 and County 3A, will be closed for bridge repair.
- Ohio 65 resurfacing and bridge repair: Through October, lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 65, between County G and the Henry/Putnam county line, for resurfacing.
- Ohio 108 resurfacing: Through September, lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 108 between Ohio 18 and County F in Holgate, for resurfacing.
- The following locations will be reduced to one lane for pavement repair:
- Ohio 189 from Ohio 190 to Ohio 115.
- Ohio 114 in the village of Kalida.
- Ohio 115 from U.S. 224 to Ohio 15.
- Ohio 613 from Ohio 108 to Ohio 65.
- Ohio 694 east of its intersection with Ohio 115.
- U.S. 224 from the Van Wert County line to the Hancock County line.
- Through mid-September, lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 18 between Teakwood Drive and Hopewell Avenue, for resurfacing.
- Through mid-November, U.S. 224 between Stever Road and Ohio 67 will be closed for bridge repair.
- Through October, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on U.S. 224 between Ohio 18 and Ohio 100.
- Ohio 18 between Kline Street and Leathers Road in Bairdstown will be closed for railroad crossing repairs through Sept. 25.
- Through September, single-lane restrictions are possible on I-75 between U.S. 20 and County Road 99 in Hancock County for finish work.
- U.S. 23 rest areas, both northbound and southbound, north of Upper Sandusky, will close today for about three months during a remodeling project. No access to the park grounds will be permitted during the closure.
- U.S. 23 and Ohio 15, near their interchange with Ohio 103 south of Carey, is reduced to one lane in each direction for work related to the removal of two bridges over abandoned railroads. The following are traffic impacts related to the project:
- All lanes of U.S. 23/Ohio 15 are now traveling on the west side of the highway.
- The exit ramp from U.S. 23 northbound/Ohio 15 westbound to continue onto U.S. 23 closed Aug. 25 for two months. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 15 west, County Road 330 to Ohio 15 east back to Ohio 103.
- The project also includes the upcoming resurfacing of U.S. 23 from just north of County Highway 97 to the Ohio 103 interchange and of the ramps at Ohio 103.
- Separately, Ohio 53 between Ohio 103 and County Road 2, McCutchenville, closed April 24 for about six months for bridge replacements over Thorn Run and Tymochtee Creek.