The following is a look at construction and maintenance work on local roadways and state highways in the region. Information is provided by the City of Findlay Engineering Department, regional county engineer’s offices, and the Ohio Department of Transportation:
UPDATED: Monday, June 18, 2018
- The Osborn Avenue bridge over the Blanchard River will be closing periodically between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. for the next several weeks.
- North Blanchard Street between Trenton and Melrose avenues is reduced to one lane for southbound traffic.
- Park Street between Lima and Hancock streets is closed to through traffic for road reconstruction.
- Several streets between Blanchard Street and the railroad are closed to through traffic for storm sewer installation: East Foulke Avenue, Allen Avenue, Midland Avenue, Garfield Avenue and George Street.
- U.S. 68/Ohio 15 remains reduced to one lane in both directions between Lima Avenue and West Hobart Avenue due to drainage work in preparation for road reconstruction.
- Construction of noise walls along the interstate has begun:
- Construction of the foundations for the walls will begin in the south end of the project area, on the east side of the interstate near Harrison Street, and proceed to the north.
- Construction of all noise walls is expected to be completed by July.
- For information concerning the I-75 reconstruction and widening project through Findlay and Hancock County, visit: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D01/PlanningPrograms/Projects/hancock75/Pages/Hancock-75.aspx
- Interstate 75 between Bentley Road and Ohio 103 will be restricted to one lane at times for a bridge repair project. Work will occur on the Hancock County 15 bridge over I-75. The project is expected to be completed in late September.
- Ohio 103 between Hancock County 9 and Township Road 65 is closed for a culvert replacement.
- U.S. 224 between Biglick Township 276 and Hancock County 23 in West Independence is closed for a bridge overlay project.
- Ohio 330 over Ohio 15, Vanlue, closed May 29 for about four months for a bridge deck replacement.
- Ohio 698 over I-75 between Rawson and Findlay is restricted to one lane for bridge repair. Shoulder restrictions on I-75 beneath the Ohio 698 overpass are to be expected during the project, which should last through late June.
- Ohio 37 south of Mount Blanchard between Hancock County 156 and Delaware Township 150, will close today for five days for replacement of two culverts.
- Ohio 103 near the village of Jenera between Hancock County 698 and Township Road 59, will close June 25 for five days for replacement of three culverts.
- Crews are currently working on resurfacing Main Street in Rawson
- For more information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction and widening project through Findlay and Hancock County, visit http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D01/PlanningPrograms/Projects/hancock75/Pages/Hancock-75.aspx
- I-75 will be restricted to one lane in each direction through noon Friday as part of a bridge repair project over Riley Creek. The I-75 northbound exit ramp to Ohio 696, Beaverdam, will remain open but will be restricted during pavement repair beginning this week. The I-75 southbound entrance ramp from Ohio 696, Beaverdam, will close Friday at 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. Monday.
- I-75 northbound between Ohio 81 and Napoleon Road will be restricted to one lane for pavement repair.
- Ohio 53, just south of Patterson, closed April 2 for approximately 90 days for a bridge deck replacement. Traffic is detoured onto Ohio 31, U.S. 68 and Ohio 81 back onto Ohio 53.
- U.S. 68 between Ohio 81 and Township Road 40, south of Dunkirk, will be reduced to one lane for work being done in preparation for a chip seal project.
No current road closures listed.
- Ohio 634 between Ohio 613 and the village of Continental will be reduced to one lane for resurfacing.
- Ohio 66 over U.S. 30, closed for a bridge repair, is expected to reopen Friday afternoon.
- Ohio 66 and Ohio 189 within the village of Ottoville will be restricted to one lane at various locations for pavement repairs.
- Ohio 108 between Putnam County Roads D and E, north of Miller City, will close June 25 for about five days for a culvert replacement.
No current road closures listed.
- Ohio 281 will be closed between Ohio 25 and Solether Road through June for bridge rehabilitation work. Lane restrictions will be possible on Interstate 75 under Ohio 281.
- Ohio 53 over Oak Run, just east of Township Road 97 between Kirby and Upper Sandusky, is closed for a bridge deck replacement.
- Ohio 53 over U.S. 23/U.S. 30 closed May 14 for about 45 days for bridge repair.
- Lane restrictions in both directions of U.S. 23/U.S. 30 below Ohio 53 continue throughout the duration of the project. The exit and entrance ramps at the interchange of Ohio 53 and U.S. 23/U.S. 30 will remain open.
- Ohio 103 between Township Highway 30 and County Highway 37 will close today for about five days for the replacement of three culverts.