Bluffton University’s junior nutrition students will host the 2018 Lunch and Learn series from Feb. 14 to April 18 on the first floor of Berky Hall. The demonstrations are free and open to the public; however, limited space is available for each lunch.
Each session includes a 20-30 minute cooking demonstration, nutritional information and a full meal. Lunches will be held from noon to 1 p.m. The 2018 series is sponsored by The Food Store, a whole foods market in downtown Bluffton.
Dates and topics include:
- Feb. 14 — Clarifying the confusion with oils; easy ways to increase fish in your diet
- Feb. 21 — Soups and flatbreads: quick and healthy supper ideas
- Feb. 28 — Using new spice and the Instant pot: getting out of the ordinary meal pattern
- March 14 — Making meals around produce: increase lutein and ellagic acid to fight disease
- March 21 — Quick supper ideas: clever use of leftovers and wraps
- March 28 — Easy substitutions to increase fiber and decrease fat and sugar
- April 4 — Consumer 101: whole grains and introducing sorghum as an alternative grain
- April 11 — New ideas to make easy vegan and allergy-friendly meals
- April 18 — New and exciting ideas for on-the-go breakfast and lunch
Only 15 seats are available per meal. Reserve a spot by contacting Jeanna Haggard at 419-233-1334 or email@example.com