Fees unchanged for HPD facilities

Rental fees and security deposits are unchanged for 2014 for all shelters, buildings and Waterfalls Pavilion at Riverside Park, which require reservations and are managed by Hancock Park District.
Reservations, with payment, may be made one year in advance on a first-come, first-serve basis at park district headquarters, 1424 E. Main Cross St. Payment may be made in cash, with exact amount; by check; or by money order payable to the park district. Payment may be made in person or via mail.
Business hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Security deposits are required for locked facilities and payable when picking up the key.
Reservations for shelters at Riverside Park or at other city parks can be made at The Cube, 3430 N. Main St., location of Findlay Recreation Department offices. Those interested should call 419-424-7176 for more information.
The Activity Barn at Litzenberg Memorial Woods and Brugeman Lodge at Riverbend Recreation Area are also available for rent.
Fact sheets with basic information regarding the layout and contract agreements for the Activity Barn and Brugeman Lodge are available by calling the park district office at 419-425-7275.
The information can be downloaded at: www.HancockParks.com. Additional information is available by clicking on the “Services/Facility Reservation” heading.
The park district offers open houses at Brugeman Lodge from 6 to 8 p.m. the last Monday monthly. A service ranger will have the building open for viewing and provide information packets.
The Richard “Doc” Phillips Discovery Center at Oakwoods Nature Preserve is not available to reserve. However, the outdoor porch area can be used for small groups on a first-come, first-serve basis. Several picnic tables, electrical outlets and a wood-burning fireplace are available.
Users must provide firewood at buildings with wood burning fireplaces.
Information about Hancock County village parks is available at the park district office or online by clicking on the “Permits/Reservation” heading.



About the Author