Findlay First Edition, Findlay High School’s award-winning show choir, will host the 21st annual Findlay FEst show choir competition on Saturday, Feb. 1.
Fourteen choirs will compete during the day in the Findlay High School R.L. Heminger Auditorium, beginning at 8:45 a.m., with the top six qualifying choirs performing again in the evening, beginning at 7 p.m.
In all, nearly 1,000 students from Ohio, Michigan and Indiana will perform throughout the day.
Voices in Perfection, Findlay’s freshman show choir under the direction of Seth Carey, will perform at 5 p.m., prior to the evening competition. VIP will perform its competition show that includes the following selections: “Chattanooga Choo Choo,” “From Where I Stand,” “Rock in the USA” and “Route 66.”
FFE, under the direction of Kevin Manley, will perform at 10:30 p.m., prior to the evening awards ceremony. FFE will perform its competition show which includes the following selections: “This is the Life,” “The Ed Sullivan Show,” “Morning Glow,” “Tainted Love,” “Wings” and “Raise You Up.” Both choirs will perform in exhibition.
The competition is open to the public and tickets for the daytime and evening performances are available all day at the door. The cost of admission is $8 for the daytime competition and $8 for the evening competition.
The following show choirs will appear in competition:
• Hamilton Rhapsody in Blue, Hamilton.
• Hamilton Fascinating Rhythm, Hamilton.
• Edgewood Choraliers, Trenton.
• Medina Encore Entertainment Company, Medina.
• Medina Spotlighters, Medina.
• Beavercreek Friends, Beavercreek.
• Piqua The Company, Piqua.
• Grosse Pointe Singers, Grosse Pointe, Mich.
• Grosse Pointe Tower Belles, Grosse Pointe, Mich.
• Grosse Pointe South Singers, Grosse Pointe, Mich.
• Walsh Jesuit Harmoney Gold, Walsh Jesuit High School, Cuyahoga Falls.
• Garfield Heights Music Express, Garfield Heights.
• Olentangy Keynotes, Olentangy.
• Churubusco New Era, Churubusco, Ind.
Those attending the daytime performance can provide a monetary donation to vote for their favorite performance in the People’s Choice Award. Event T-shirts will also be available for purchase throughout the day. Concessions, including breakfast, lunch and dinner items, will be available in the cafeteria. Trends on Main will also be selling specialty items throughout the day.
For additional information visit www.findlayfirstedition.org, find Findlay First Edition on Facebook, or contact the FHS choir office at 419-425-8282.
- The Docket
- Member Service