By RYAN DUNN
A Findlay woman who is facing a felonious assault charge was among those indicted by a Hancock County grand jury on Tuesday.
Wendy L. Martinez, 45, of Findlay, was charged with a second-degree felony for allegedly stabbing a man Feb. 8 at 919 W. Lima St., according to city police.
Also, Mark A. Keesey, 46, of Sylvania, was charged with two counts of worker’s compensation fraud, felonies of the fourth and fifth degree.
Keesey is president of Millstream Press, according to Better Business Bureau records. He could not be reached for comment Tuesday.
Prosecutors allege Keesey failed to maintain worker’s compensation coverage as required, with the intention to defraud the Bureau of Worker’s Compensation.
Unpaid assessments and premiums were allegedly valued at between $7,500 and $150,000 from July 2007 through December 2011 in Findlay, according to the indictment.
From Jan. 1, 2013, to June 30 of last year, the unpaid sum was between $1,000 and $7,500, prosecutors alleged.
The grand jury also indicted nine other people on Tuesday:
• David D. Luth, 46, of Findlay, was charged with two fifth-degree felony counts of harassment with a bodily substance. On Jan. 17 in Findlay, Luth allegedly inflicted harm on two corrections officers.
• Benjamin L. McRill Jr., 27, of Findlay, was charged with six counts of forgery, each a fifth-degree felony. On six occasions in December, McRill allegedly forged a check from a woman’s Chase bank account. The total amount of the checks was about $1,100.
• Emily A. Zeiter, 19, of Fostoria, was charged with a fifth-degree felony count of identity fraud. Zeiter allegedly used the name and birth date of another woman on Jan. 17 in Findlay.
• Jessica N. Poole, 31, of Tiffin, was charged with receiving stolen property, a fifth-degree felony. On Nov. 29 in Findlay, Poole allegedly had a debit card that had been stolen from a Clyde-Findlay Area Credit Union member.
• Jesse L. Payton III, 33, of Findlay, was charged with receiving stolen property, a fourth-degree felony. On Dec. 20 in Findlay, Payton allegedly had a stolen 2000 Jeep.
• Blayne C. Kreais, 25, of Fostoria, was charged with aggravated drug possession, a fifth-degree felony. On Sept. 13 in Fostoria, Kreais allegedly had less than the bulk amount of oxycodone.
• Matthew T. Swartz, 44, of North Baltimore, was charged with cocaine possession, a fifth-degree felony. On Dec. 6 in Findlay, Swartz allegedly had less than 5 grams of cocaine.
• Rebecca L. Dunn, 21, of Laura, and Robert J. Chura III, 26, of New Carlisle, were both charged with a fifth-degree felony count of marijuana possession.
Dunn and Chura allegedly possessed between 200 grams and 1 kilogram of marijuana on Sept. 7 in Allen Township.
• Separately, Anthony J. Pizzuti, 37, of Findlay, was charged with a fifth-degree felony count of heroin trafficking, through a recently unsealed secret indictment. Pizzuti allegedly sold less than 1 gram of the drug on Sept. 16 in Findlay.
Send an E-mail to Ryan Dunn
- The Docket
- Member Service