Fire destroys rural home

SHAWTOWN — A Pleasant Township residence was destroyed during a Wednesday morning fire. There were no injuries.
McComb Fire Chief Mike Voland said firefighters responded about 8:39 a.m. to 4060 Pleasant Township 115, where a fire was found in the living room and attic area. A metal roof had to be removed to get at the fire, he said.
An occupant of the house escaped the fire. Family lives nearby, Voland said.
The fire started in a wall near the fireplace and spread through the structure. Boland estimated damage at $30,000 to the building and $7,000 to contents.
The property, owned by Vernon Van Atta, was not insured, Boland said.
Allen Township and Leipsic fire departments provided mutual aid.

Comments

comments

About the Author
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger