May 6, 2014
Public Attendance: 15
• 2014-30, second reading, by emergency, appropriating $3,344 from the self-insurance fund to a particular self-insurance fund account.
• 2014-31, second reading, by emergency, appropriating $592,000 from the Ohio Department of Transportation, $148,000 from permissive license fund, and $7,069 from Hancock County commissioners to ODOT Fiscal Year 2014 resurfacing; $162,000 from capital improvements fund to East Sandusky and North Main Street curb replacement; and $105,000 from capital improvements to North Main Street/Bigelow Avenue intersection project. Motion to suspend the statutory rules of council approved 9-0. Motion to amend the ordinance to appropriate permissive license fund dollars to capital improvements approved 9-0. Ordinance approved 9-0.
• 2014-32, second reading, approving an application for annexation of 276 acres of land, referred to as the Ranzau/Jaqua annexation, in Marion Township. Motion to amend the ordinance to include an emergency clause approved 9-0, with 5th Ward Councilman John Harrington absent.
• 2014-33, second reading, zoning the Ranzau/Jaqua annexation as I-1 light industrial.
• 2014-34, second reading, by emergency, for debt reissuance, appropriating $3,168 from the sewer fund to 2014 bar screen DS, $4,693 from water fund to 2014 Water Treatment Plant clear wells DS, $88,200 from capital improvements and $4,250 from bond issuance rounding to 2014 Hancock Recreation Center land refunding DS, $286,562 from water fund to 2014 water improvement refunding DS, $2,547 from capital improvements and $373 from bond issuance rounding to 2014 fire refunding DS, $2,287 from water fund to 2014 Water Treatment Plant pump station refunding DS, and $16,538 from sewer fund to 2014 north corridor refunding DS; and de-appropriating $93,285 from Hancock Recreation Center Land DS to capital improvements, and $302,882 from 2003 water refunding DS to water fund.
• 2014-35, second reading, by emergency, appropriating $20,000 from severance payout reserve fund to a particular severance payout reserve account, and $10,128 from water fund to 2014 Ohio Water Development Authority clear well debt service to make the city eligible for future discounted OWDA loans.
• 2014-37, second reading, by emergency, appropriating $3,331 from general fund proceeds earned by selling items on GovDeals to Police Department to purchase equipment for new hires, chairs for the detective division and two clerks, and to help pay for new K9 officer training.
• 2014-38, first reading, by emergency, appropriating $35,000 from street construction, maintenance and repair fund to Street Department for winter snowplow repair costs.
• 2014-39, first reading, by emergency, authorizing the service-safety director to accept Development Services Agency Roadwork Development Grant Program funding and enter into agreements for city intersection upgrades.
• 20-2014, approving auditor’s office expenditures that either exceeded the purchase order or were incurred without one, exceeding the statutory limit of $3,000, including $38,071 for aviation fuel, $61,257 for computer MUNIS licensing support, and $3,000 for MUNIS graphical user interface support. Resolution approved 9-0.
• 21-2014, first reading, by emergency, authorizing the service-safety director to advertise for bids and enter into contracts for East Sandusky Street/Osborn Avenue intersection upgrades.
• 22-2014, first reading, by emergency, transferring $8,200 within human resources funds, and $93,000 from swimming pool to 2014 pool improvements fund.