The Findlay-Hancock County Chamber of Commerce will recognize small businesses in Findlay and Hancock County with events this week.
More than half of Americans either own a small business or work for one. Small businesses create about two of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year, the chamber said.
Events recognizing local small businesses include:
- 2 p.m. Tuesday at The Sweet Retreat, 1600 S. Blanchard St. — “Business 2 Business,” a networking event, will enable participants to meet up to 20 business professionals, one-on-one, in five-minute increments.
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at LaRiche Chevrolet-Cadillac — Amy May’s Rockin’ Tacos and Kona Ice will be offering lunch of one taco and a small Kona ice. The event is open to the public.
- 6 p.m. Wednesday at Findlay Country Club — Hancock Leadership graduation, in which nearly 20 people from the small business community will be recognized for their commitment to Findlay-Hancock County.
- 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Findlay Country Club — Many area small businesses will be recognized at the 68th annual Safety Council awards for workplace safety.
- 11:30 a.m. Friday at Findlay Country Club — Women’s Leadership Forum, meant to engage, educate and develop women in leadership positions in the workplace and the community.
For more information or to register, contact the chamber at 419-422-3313 or visit FindlayHancockChamber.com.