The following is the weekly report of construction and maintenance work on state highways from the Ohio Department of Transportation:
The U.S. 224 interchange with Interstate 75 is currently being reconstructed. The project began in February and is expected to be completed late this fall. The following traffic impacts related to the reconstruction will occur in the upcoming week:
• Interstate 75 both northbound and southbound lanes are narrowed and shifted approaching the U.S. 224 interchange at Findlay during reconstruction of the interchange. Lane restrictions are occurring on occasion in the southbound direction between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. mostly during the week but on some weekends as well.
• Placement of the beams for the new bridge structure over Interstate 75 is expected to take place in early June. Traffic on Interstate 75 will be temporarily stopped for short intervals during the operation.
• U.S. 224 traffic on the bridge over Interstate 75 is traveling on the north half of the bridge, one lane in each direction with no turn lanes, during a complete reconstruction of the interchange. All ramps at the interchange are currently open. The project began in February and is expected to be completed late this fall. Motorists are cautioned to watch for construction vehicles entering and exiting at various locations throughout the work zone on U.S. 224 and along the interchange ramps.
• U.S. 224 on the east side of Findlay between Plaza Road (Best Buy) and Hancock County 236 is occasionally restricted to one lane during a traffic signal upgrade project. The new and upgraded signals are now in operation. Curb ramps and pavement striping will follow within the new few weeks.
• Ohio 235 from Hancock County Road 304 (old U.S. 30) about three miles north of Ada to Hancock County 313 (old 25) just north of Interstate 75 closed April 21 for 21 days for grinding and paving of the roadway. The route is expected to reopen to traffic within two weeks, but work will continue on the project.
• Ohio 568 between Lye Creek just west of the Hancock County fairgrounds to Hancock County 180 will be restricted to one lane for pavement repair and resurfacing.
• Ohio 330 from Ohio 15 to Vanlue High School will be restricted to one lane zone for pavement repair and resurfacing.
• Ohio 15 between U.S. 23 in Carey to Ohio 37 in Findlay is restricted to one lane during daytime and nighttime hours. Paving operations are taking place during the day while removal of deteriorated pavement is occurring at night. Work is occurring in both the eastbound and westbound direction.
For the most recent information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County, visit www.odotlima75.org.
Through August, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 18, between Ohio 65 and the Henry/Wood County line for resurfacing and bridge work. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
Pavement repair will take place at the following locations during the week with traffic maintained.
• Ohio 190 between Fort Jennings and U.S. 224.
• U.S. 224 between the Van Wert County line and Kalida.
• Ohio 613 between Ohio 108 and Ohio 109.
• Ohio 12 between Ohio 635 and Ohio 590 will be closed for bridge replacement. The work will continue through July.
• Through August, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 582 between Ohio 25 and Ohio 65 for resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
- The Docket
- Member Service