By ERIC SCHAADT
McCOMB — McComb Council is upgrading the job description for its village police chief to clarify the duties and responsibilities.
Village Council will meet as an informal committee-of-the-whole at 5:45 p.m. June 9 to again ponder the subject.
“The more descriptive, the more information, the better for all parties involved,” Village Solicitor Alan Hackenberg told council on Monday.
For comparison’s sake, McComb officials are examining a similar job summary for the police chief of Algona, Iowa, to serve as a template for revising McComb’s job outline.
In other matters, plans are proceeding for a new water tower.
Water piping will be added starting May 19, with steel for the tower arriving three weeks later.
Maguire Iron of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, will be paid $835,000 for the new tower.
In other construction affairs, storm sewer replacement from Ackerly Street to Ohio 235 will begin this week, weather permitting.
In other business Monday, council:
• Held a closed executive session for the stated purpose of discussing litigation.
• Will prepare legislation to allocate $5,000 to the Ladies Auxiliary of the McComb VFW, to be used for the Independence Day fireworks.
• Will send out a letter this week to violators of the regulation against having trash on private property.
• Wants to sell the village-owned 2005 Dodge Durango.
• Heard roof repairs are underway at the Fire Department.
• Agreed not to meet on Memorial Day. The next meeting will be in June.
Send an E-mail to Eric Schaadt
- The Docket
- Member Service