By RYAN DUNN
A Hancock County grand jury has indicted a Findlay man after a reported assault outside a mixed martial arts event.
Austin D. Hickle, 24, was charged with aggravated assault, a fourth-degree felony, stemming from a March 29 incident at the Cube.
Hickle is charged with acting suddenly at the provocation of victim Ian Fleck, according to his indictment.
Fleck, 30, of Findlay, was treated for head injuries at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo following the fight, police said.
Separately, Dustin W. Lanagan, 32, of Findlay, was charged with a second-degree felony count of assault.
Lanagan allegedly harmed another man with scissors on May 4 in Findlay.
Indictments were handed up Tuesday against nine other defendants:
• Kenneth H. Beasley, 21, of Findlay, faces a third-degree felony charge of failure to comply with a police officer. Findlay police said Beasley drove his motorcycle from Hancock County 212 to U.S. 224 at speeds exceeding 130 mph on Saturday.
• Stewart A. Arnet, 29, of Findlay, was charged with deception to obtain a dangerous drug, a fifth-degree felony. On March 9 in Findlay, he allegedly tried to obtain hydrocodone bitartrate.
• Richard D. Rau, 28, of Findlay, was charged with theft, a fifth-degree felony. Rau allegedly stole two vacuum cleaners and spider wrap on March 11 from the Findlay Meijer store. The items were valued at between $1,000 and $7,500, according to the indictment.
• John P. Cheney Sr., 55, of Findlay, was charged with a fifth-degree felony count of breaking and entering. On April 4, Cheney allegedly entered a vacant house at 1127 Birch Drive in Liberty Township to commit theft.
• Logan T. Parrish, 24, of Findlay, was charged with a fifth-degree felony count of aggravated drug possession. Parrish allegedly had less than the bulk amount of methylenedioxymethamphetamine, commonly referred to as Ecstasy.
• Davantae S. Blessett, 20, of Stockbridge, Georgia, was charged with aggravated possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony. Blessett allegedly had less than the bulk amount of N-Benzylpiperazine, commonly called BZP, on March 20 in Findlay.
• Jeffery J. Peterman, 20, of Findlay, was charged with improperly furnishing a firearm to a minor, a felony of the fifth degree. Peterman allegedly supplied a .40-caliber Glock to a 19-year-old man on March 24 in Findlay. Prosecutors allege the firearm was not provided for purposes of hunting or education, according to the indictment.
• Veronica L. Gerwig, 28, of Findlay, was charged with misuse of credit cards, a fourth-degree felony. In December, Gerwig allegedly used an elderly man’s Visa card and obtained between $1,000 and $7,500 worth of items.
• Helena R. Luhn, 20, of Alger, was charged with a fifth-degree felony count of misuse of credit cards. Between Nov. 9 and Jan. 11, Luhn allegedly obtained a Visa card from another woman and purchased between $1,000 and $7,500 worth of items.
Send an E-mail to Ryan Dunn
- The Docket
- Member Service