By RYAN DUNN
Four Risingsun residents were indicted in connection with the alleged assault of a Fostoria man.
James R. Frederick, 20, Joshua S. McCoy, 20, and Michael A.S. Enright, 21, were each charged with a second-degree felony counts of assault for allegedly harming the man April 27 in Fostoria.
McCoy and Caress M. Jakcsy, 20, also are both charged with bribery, a third-degree felony. The two defendants allegedly attempted to coerce the man May 4.
Separately, three Findlay residents have been charged with burglarizing a city home.
Joshua M. Van Atta, 35, Daniel L. Thiel, 30, and Benjamin L. McRill, 28, were each charged with a third-degree felony count of burglary for allegedly trespassing Feb. 14 at 101 Western Ave. to commit theft.
Van Atta has been charged with an additional count of robbery and two counts of heroin trafficking. He allegedly trespassed that same day at 826 Adams St. to commit theft. Prosecutors also accuse him of selling less than 1 gram of heroin Feb. 27 in Findlay and between 1 and 5 grams March 6 in the city.
The alleged heroin sales are felonies of the fourth and fifth degree.
McRill was also charged with burglarizing 826 Adams St. The charge is a third-degree felony.
Thiel also was indicted on a fourth-degree felony charge of trafficking in cocaine and a fifth-degree felony charge of receiving stolen property. On Feb. 13, Thiel allegedly sold less than 5 grams of cocaine within 1,000 feet of Jefferson Primary School and on Feb. 14 kept a stolen credit card.
The grand jury indicted seven others on Tuesday:
- Holden E. Smith, 25, of Findlay, was charged with illegal possession of chemicals to manufacture methamphetamine, a third-degree felony. Smith is charged doing so in his 401 W. Melrose Ave. home, according to police.
- Saudi Calvin, 40, of Detroit, was charged with possessing between bulk and five times the bulk of oxycodone, a third-degree felony. Calvin allegedly did so May 13 on Interstate 75 in Findlay.
- Jedediah R. Morton, 26, of Fostoria, faces a fourth-degree felony of domestic violence. On May 28 in Findlay, Morton allegedly harmed a relative. He was previously convicted of domestic violence in Fostoria Municipal Court in April 2013, according to the indictment.
- Andre L.D. White, 23, of Findlay, was charged with theft of a motor vehicle, a a fourth-degree felony. White on May 5 allegedly stole a 1998 Chevrolet pickup truck in Findlay.
- Randy J. Fields, 43, of Lake Orion, Michigan, was charged with forgery, a fourth-degree felony. On April 4 in Findlay, Fields allegedly forged a check purported to be worth $7,550 on the account of Miracle Motors.
- Mathew A. Klay, 22, of Findlay and Jacob W.C. Leary, 21, of Mount Cory, were both indicted on a fifth-degree felony charges of breaking and entering. On April 13, the two men allegedly trespassed in an unattached garage at 252 E. Vance St., Rawson, to commit theft.