The weekly report about construction and maintenance work on state highways in the region, provided by the Ohio Department of Transportation:
- Interstate 75 reconstruction project: For the most recent information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County, visit www.odotlima75.org
- The U.S. 224 interchange with Interstate 75 is currently being reconstructed. The project began in February and is expected to be completed late this fall.
The following developments will occur in coming weeks:
Lane restrictions will continue both northbound and southbound for overhead work at the bridge. Restrictions will occur between 10 p.m. and 10 a.m.
The ramps on the south side of the interchange (northbound exit, southbound entrance) were scheduled to close Sunday for two weeks for reconstruction. Traffic will be detoured to the Hancock County 99 interchange and back. Once the south side ramps are open, the ramps on the north side of the interchange will close, also for two weeks (southbound exit, northbound entrance).
Short-term, daytime lane closures should be expected throughout this week. Traffic maintained at times with flaggers.
Traffic on the bridge over Interstate 75 in Findlay is traveling on the north half of the bridge, one lane in each direction with no turn lanes. All ramps at the interchange are currently open.
- Interstate 75 between Ohio 235 and Findlay will be restricted to one lane for pavement repair beginning today. Work will begin in the northbound direction, beginning at Ohio 235 and working north. Traffic restrictions will be in place during weekdays and will be removed on the weekends.
- Ohio 568 between Blanchard Avenue in Findlay and Hancock County 180 is currently not restricted for pavement repair and resurfacing. The project is temporarily suspended to allow adjoining work by the city of Findlay to take place. The project will resume in September.
- Ohio 31 from the Union County line to Ohio 292 will be restricted during pavement resurfacing which is scheduled to begin this week.
- U.S. 68 from the Kenton corporation limit to the Logan County line will be reduced to one lane for pavement resurfacing. The project is expected to be complete within the next week.
- Through August, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 18, between Ohio 65 and the Henry/Wood County line, for resurfacing and bridge work. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
- Ohio 634 about one mile north of Continental will be restricted to one lane for ditch cleaning.
- Through July, U.S. 224, between Seneca County 15 and Township Road 159, will be closed for culvert replacement.
- Through July, lane restrictions and traffic shifts overnight from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. are possible on Interstate 75 from Oil Center Road to U.S. 20 for pavement repair.
- Through July, Ohio 281, between Henry/Wood County Line and Weston Road, will be closed for culvert replacement.
- Ohio 53 from the west corporation limit of Upper Sandusky to Ohio 67, and from the courthouse in the city north to the Ohio 53/67 split, is reduced to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair and resurfacing. The project will continue until mid-July.
- U.S. 23 between Upper Sandusky and Carey will be restricted to one-lane closures for pavement repair.
- Ohio 53/67 (8th Street/Marseilles Avenue) in Upper Sandusky from High Street to Wyandot Avenue will be restricted to one lane for water line installation and pavement repair. The project is expected to continue until early October.