Judge delays sentencing on firearm charge

A man who was arrested for carrying a firearm inside a vehicle, at the same time two Findlay murder suspects were arrested last year, appeared in court Thursday.

The scheduled sentencing hearing of Darius M. Pullom, 22, was delayed in Hancock County Common Pleas Court.

Officials said they first want to ensure Pullom cooperates as promised in the Joe Gutierrez III murder case. Montre Robinson, 21, and Ralph G. Harris III, 21, both of Findlay, were charged in the Nov. 8 shooting of Gutierrez.

The Findlay man was killed outside his vehicle at the intersection of East Foulke and Crystal avenues.

Police arrested Harris, Robinson and Pullom during a traffic stop less than 20 hours after the shooting.

Pullom pleaded guilty to a lesser first-degree misdemeanor after he was initially charged with a fourth-degree felony count of carrying a concealed weapon.

He possessed a loaded 9mm pistol, according to the indictment.

Officials have not said whether Pullom was with Robinson and Harris at the time of the shooting.

Judge Joseph Niemeyer is scheduled to sentence Pullom on Oct. 23. Court records do not list a home address for him.

Harris has pleaded guilty to murder in the Gutierrez case and is scheduled for sentencing Oct. 30.

He agreed in his plea negotiation to provide a sworn statement to investigators regarding Robinson.

Robinson has pleaded not guilty to all charges, including murder, and is scheduled for an Oct. 14 trial.

Comments

comments

About the Author