The weekly report about construction and maintenance work on state highways in the region, provided by the Ohio Department of Transportation:
- Interstate 75 reconstruction project: For the most recent information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County, visit www.odotlima75.org
The U.S. 224 interchange with Interstate 75 is currently being reconstructed. The project began in February and is expected to be completed late this fall.
The following developments will occur in coming weeks:
- Both the northbound and southbound lanes are narrowed and shifted approaching the U.S. 224 interchange. Lane restrictions will continue both northbound and southbound for overhead work at the bridge. Restrictions will occur between 10 p.m. and 10 a.m.
- The ramps on the south side of the interchange (northbound exit, southbound entrance) closed July 14 for two weeks for reconstruction. Traffic will be detoured to the Hancock County 99 interchange and back. Once the south side ramps are open, the ramps on the north side of the interchange will close, also for two weeks (southbound exit, northbound entrance).
- Short-term, daytime lane closures should be expected throughout this week. Traffic will be maintained at times with flaggers.
- Traffic on the bridge over Interstate 75 in Findlay is traveling on the north half of the bridge, one lane in each direction with no turn lanes. All ramps at the interchange are currently open.
- Interstate 75 between Ohio 235 and Findlay will be restricted to one lane for pavement repair beginning today. Work will begin in the northbound direction, beginning at Ohio 235 and working north. Traffic restrictions will be in place during weekdays and will be removed on the weekends.
- Ohio 568 between Blanchard Avenue in Findlay and Hancock County 180 is currently not restricted for pavement repair and resurfacing. The project is temporarily suspended to allow adjoining work by the city of Findlay to take place. The project will resume in September.
- Ohio 117 between Ohio 235 and County Road 200 will be restricted to one lane for pavement repairs.
- Through August, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 18, between Ohio 65 and the Henry/Wood County line, for resurfacing and bridge work. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
- Ohio 634 about one mile north of Continental will be restricted to one lane for ditch cleaning.
- Effective July 28 through Aug. 8, U.S. 224, between County Road 15 and Township Road 159, will be closed for culvert replacement.
- Through September, lane restrictions and traffic shifts are possible overnight from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. on I-75, from U.S. 20 in Perrysburg to Hancock County 99 in Hancock County for pavement repair and barrier wall installation. Through November, Bays Road and Jerry City Road at I-75 will be closed for bridge work.
- Through July, Ohio 281, between Henry/Wood County Line and Weston Road, will be closed for culvert replacement.
- U.S. 30 eastbound from north of Upper Sandusky to the Crawford County line will be restricted to one lane for berm work.
- U.S. 23 between Upper Sandusky and Carey will be restricted to one-lane closures for pavement repair.
- Ohio 53/67 (8th Street/Marseilles Avenue) in Upper Sandusky from High Street to Wyandot Avenue will be restricted to one lane for water line installation and pavement repair. The project is expected to continue until early October.