The following is the weekly report about construction and maintenance work on state highways in the region, provided by the Ohio Department of Transportation:
• Interstate 75 reconstruction project: For the most recent information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County, visit www.odotlima75.org.
• U.S. 30 between Ohio 65 and the village of Beaverdam will be restricted to one lane in the eastbound and westbound lanes for pavement repairs.
The U.S. 224 interchange with Interstate 75 is currently being reconstructed. The project began in February and is expected to be completed late this fall.
The following developments will occur in coming weeks:
• Beginning at 9 p.m. next Sunday night and continuing until about 6 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 13, the U.S. 224 bridge over Interstate 75 will be closed because of the demoltion of the original bridge structure. During this time I-75 traffic will be diverted up and over the ramps at the interchange. No direct access from I-75 to U.S. 224 will be permitted. U.S. 224 traffic will be detoured onto Ohio 12 and Ohio 235. Upon opening of the U.S. 224 bridge on Wednesday, Aug. 13, all ramps will be opened and will remain open for the remainder of the project. Two lanes of traffic on Interstate 75 will be maintained during the demolition.
• The ramps on the north side of the interchange (southbound exit, northbound entrance) closed July 26 for reconstruction. During the ramp closures, traffic is detoured to the Ohio 12 interchange and back. The ramps will reopen in mid-August.
• Both the northbound and southbound lanes are narrowed and shifted approaching the U.S. 224 interchange. Lane restrictions will continue both northbound and southbound for overhead work at the bridge. Restrictions will occur between 10 p.m. and 10 a.m.
• Short-term, daytime lane closures should be expected throughout this week. Traffic will be maintained at times with flaggers.
• Interstate 75 between Ohio 235 and the city of Findlay will be restricted to one lane for pavement repair which began July 14. Work is taking place in the northbound direction, beginning at Ohio 235 and continuing north. Traffic restrictions will be in place during weekdays and will be removed on the weekends.
• Ohio 568 between Blanchard Avenue in Findlay and Hancock County 180 is currently not restricted for pavement repair and resurfacing. The project is temporarily suspended to allow adjoining work by the city of Findlay to take place. The project will resume in September.
• Through August, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 18, between Ohio 65 and the Henry/Wood County line, for resurfacing and bridge work. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
• Ohio 613 from the Paulding County line to Ohio 109 will be restricted to one lane for shoulder work.
•Ohio 696 from the Allen County line to Ohio 12 will be restricted to one lane for shoulder work.
• Ohio 109 north of Ottawa to the Henry County line will be restricted to one lane for shoulder work.
• Ohio 115 north of Kalida to Ohio 15 will be restricted to one lane for shoulder work.
• Through Friday, U.S. 224, between County Road 15 and Township Road 159, will be closed for culvert replacement.
• Through September, lane restrictions and traffic shifts are possible overnight from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. on I-75, from U.S. 20 in Perrysburg to Hancock County 99 in Hancock County for pavement repair and barrier wall installation. Through November, Bays Road and Jerry City Road at I-75 will be closed for bridge work.
• Effective today through October, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 18 from Mitchel Road in North Baltimore to Rose Street in Bloomdale. Work includes resurfacing on Ohio 18 in North Baltimore. Effective Wednesday through mid-September, Ohio 18 at I-75 will be reduced to one lane in each direction for bridge work.
• Through July, Ohio 281, between Henry/Wood County Line and Weston Road, will be closed for culvert replacement.
• U.S. 23 southbound about one mile south of County Road 330, and northbound just south of County Road 47 will be restricted to one lane today for bridge repair. The restrictions will be in place from about 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Ohio 53/67 (8th Street/Marseilles Avenue) in Upper Sandusky from High Street to Wyandot Avenue will be restricted to one lane for water line installation and pavement repair. The project will continue until early October.
- The Docket
- Member Service