By RYAN DUNN
Three Putnam County residents charged with domestic violence were among those indicted by a county grand jury this week.
Mark R. Deel, 33, of Continental, was indicted on charges of assault and possessing a weapon July 11 on Road 22, Continental.
Deel allegedly struck a woman in the face and threatened her with the firearm. An earlier felony conviction restricted his right to have a gun, according to the indictment.
He’s been charged with felonious assault, a second-degree felony; possessing weapons under disability, a third-degree felony; and domestic violence, a first-degree misdemeanor.
Marcos L. Flores, 39, of Columbus Grove, allegedly harmed a woman Aug. 2 on Vidette Street in the village. He is charged with domestic violence and felonious assault, felonies of the fourth and second degree.
Flores was previously convicted of domestic violence in Putnam County Municipal Court, according to the indictment.
Robert A. Bell, 33, of Continental, was charged with the crime after allegedly pushing a woman on July 2 in a parking lot at Village True Value Hardware, 855 W. Main St., Leipsic. He was previously convicted of domestic violence twice in Dallas County, Iowa, according to the indictment.
The grand jury this week indicted six others:
• Daniel J. Stauffer, 19, of Ottawa, was charged with grand theft, breaking and entering, and tampering with a vehicle identification number. On July 25, Stauffer allegedly stole a 2001 Kawasaki dirt bike from a grain bin at 6256 Road 21, Continental. He then allegedly used his pocket knife to tamper with the dirt bike’s registration number.
• Dalton A. McKitrick, 21, of Ottawa, was charged with burglary, grand theft of a motor vehicle, and drug possession. Prosecutors allege McKitrick on July 27 stole an all-terrain vehicle from 8018 Ohio 109, Ottawa. He is also accused of possessing Xanax that day. The charges are felonies of the second, fourth and fifth degree.
• Rose M. Morrison, 37, of Lima, faces charges of cocaine possession and failure to appear for court, felonies of the fifth and fourth degree. On March 18, Morrison allegedly had less than 5 grams of cocaine. On July 22, she allegedly skipped a Putnam County Municipal Court hearing while out on bond.
• Joel T. Hunt, 56, of Lima, was charged with a third-degree felony count of theft. From September 2011 to September 2013, Hunt allegedly stole between $7,500 and $37,500 from a woman in Ottawa.
• Sandra L. Wallen, 25, of Delphos, was charged with burglary and theft of drugs, felonies of the second and fourth degree. Wallen allegedly entered a Putnam County home on Aug. 2 and stole 38 oxycodone pills.
• Aaron A. Horstman, 43, of Ottawa, was charged with driving under the influence, a fourth-degree felony. Horstman allegedly did so July 29 on Main Street in Glandorf. He has previously been convicted of impaired driving on at least five occasions in the past 20 years, according to the indictment.
Send an E-mail to Ryan Dunn
- The Docket
- Member Service