Kitchen fire burns apartment

A father and daughter were taken to the hospital after a kitchen fire ignited in a Liberty Township apartment Saturday evening.
David Castret and his 18-month-old baby were transported by Hanco Ambulance to Blanchard Valley Hospital, where they were treated and released, Liberty Township Fire Chief Gene Stump said.
The kitchen fire began at 7:12 p.m. in apartment 113 at 2800 S. Main St., just south of Findlay, the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office reported.
The fire was contained to the apartment, but there was smoke damage in other parts of the apartment building, Stump said.
Findlay Fire Department arrived first and knocked down the fire, Stump said.
A damage estimate had not been completed Saturday night. It is not known if the owner or renter of the apartment are insured, Stump said.
Assisting at the scene were the Arlington Fire Department and the American Red Cross, Stump said.

Comments

comments

About the Author