Aug. 19, 2014
Public Attendance: 10
- 2014-63, third reading, rezoning 115 Harrington Ave. from R2 single-family medium density to R4 two-family high density. Ordinance approved 10-0.
- 2014-64, third reading, rezoning 123 Walnut St. from C2 general commercial to R3 single-family high density. Ordinance approved 10-0.
- 2014-65, third reading, by emergency, appropriating $254,000 from water fund to South Cory Street and West Front Street waterline project for Marathon Performing Arts Center waterline work reimbursement. Ordinance approved 10-0.
- 2014-67, third reading, by emergency, appropriating $20,000 from municipal court improvements fund to municipal court expansion project. Ordinance approved 10-0.
- 2014-69, second reading, by emergency, appropriating $5,000 from city income tax capital improvement to Fire Department equipment. Motion to suspend the statutory rules of council and give the ordinance its third reading approved 10-0. Ordinance approved 10-0.
- 2014-70, second reading, by emergency, appropriating $7,200 from general fund to cemetery ($1,000), parks ($3,500), Work Opportunity Rehabilitation Center ($1,300), and Neighborhood Enhancement and Abatement Team ($1,400); $2,500 from water fund to water distribution; $42,000 from street construction, maintenance and repair street fund to streets; and $43,000 from airport fund to airport.
- 2014-71, first reading, by emergency, appropriating $2,000 from city income tax capital improvements to Howard Run ditch cleaning for petition fees; $25,000 from capital improvements to Cube evaporative condensor fund; $5,447 from general fund (Hancock-Wood Electric grant) to Findlay Area Safe Kids Chapter; $14,470 from Ohio Environmental Education and Charitable Trust Grant to stormwater management plan MS4 project; and $1,348 from general fund (insurance proceeds from vehicle accident) to Health Department. Motion to suspend the statutory rules of council and give the ordinance its second and third readings approved 9-1, with 6th Ward Councilman Andy Douglas voting no. Ordinance approved 9-1, with Douglas voting no.
- 2014-72, first reading, rezoning 400 Cherry St. from R3 single-family high density to C1 local commercial.
- 2014-73, first reading, vacating a portion of Olney Avenue from Morrical Boulevard east to Lima Avenue.
- 2014-74, first reading, by emergency, appropriating $75,000 from capital improvements, $250,000 from Ohio Public Works Commission, $80,000 from water fund, $90,000 from sewer fund, and $140,000 from sewer fund stormwater restricted account to Logan Avenue improvements Phase II. Motion to suspend the statutory rules of council and give the ordinance its second and third readings approved 10-0. Ordinance approved 10-0.
- 27-2014, approving $5,046 in flood insurance on multiple city properties that was spent with no purchase order. Resolution approved 10-0.
- 28-2014, accepting the amounts and rates as determined by the Hancock County Budget Commission, authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the Hancock County auditor. Resolution approved 10-0.
- 29-2014, transferring $22,000 from recreation maintenance to recreation function for city employee hours spent preparing The Diamonds for tournaments. Resolution approved 10-0.