Thirteen teenagers are competing for the titles of Junior Fair queen and king at the Hancock County Fair. The winners will be crowned tonight.
Ten young women are vying for the title of Junior Fair queen.
- Aubry vonStein, a Cory-Rawson High School graduate who is attending Ohio State University-Agriculture Technical Institute. She is the daughter of Dennis and Monica vonStein.
- Bekah White, Cory-Rawson High School, daughter of Chris and Beth White.
- Shelby August, Liberty-Benton High School, daughter of Darryll and Katy August.
- Megan Ritter, Cory-Rawson High School, daughter of Bruce and Ronda Ritter.
- Aubrey Brown, Findlay High School, daughter of Garth and Carmen Brown.
- Michaela Breece, home-schooled, daughter of Brad and Laura Breece.
- Hannah Brown, Liberty-Benton High School, daughter of Michael and Deanna Brown.
- Ashton Beach, an Arlington High School graduate who is attending the University of Findlay. She is the daughter of Brad and Stephanie Beach.
- Tiffany Campbell, home-schooled, daughter of Allan and Rose Ann Campbell.
- Mackenzie Howard, Van Buren High School, daughter of Russell and Chantelle Howard.
Three young men are competing for the title of Junior Fair king.
- Jordan Wright, a Liberty-Benton High School graduate who is attending Ohio State University-Lima. He is the son of Kirk and Celeste Wright.
- Brent Warren, a Cory-Rawson High School graduate who is attending Eastern Kentucky University. He is the son of Bob and Becky Warren.
- Logan Young, Liberty-Benton High School, son of Brian and Elizabeth Young.
The Junior Fair king and queen will be announced at about 7 p.m. today at the south grandstand, prior to the county band show. The runner-up in each division will serve as prince and princess.
The 2013 royalty were: queen, Britta Fenstermaker; king, Justin Bower; princess, Erika Nigh; and prince, Brent Warren.
The contest is open to any member who is 16 to 18 years old as of Jan. 1 and a current member of any youth organization represented by the Junior Fair: 4-H, FFA, Family Career Community Leaders of America, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Camp Fire USA and Junior Achievement.
Winners are determined through interviews with a panel of judges.
Members of the Junior Fair board and department royalty also will be recognized tonight.
The Junior Fair board officers this year are: Britta Fenstermaker, president; Brent Warren, vice president; Michaela Breece, secretary; Myles Monday, treasurer; Hannah Saltzman and Edy Mowrey, reporter; Wayne Campbell and J.J. Mowrey, co-reporters.
Betsey Rossman is the Junior Fair coordinator, and Cassie Turner is 4-H educator.
The department royalty include:
- Poultry: Aubrey Brown, queen; Andrew Ross, king; Lindsey Bishop, princess; Brandon Zuercher, prince.
- Goat: Tiffany Campbell, queen; Carter Courtney, king; Shelby August, princess; Ethan Campbell, prince.
- Beef: Olivia Sattler, queen; Michaela Breece, princess.
- Dairy feeder: Brittney Roth, queen; Caleb Breece, king; Eric Ritter, prince.
- Canine: Annie Patterson, queen; Logan Young, king; Morgan James, princess.
- Rabbit: Kara Reigle, queen; Jordan Wright, king; Megan Horton, princess; Michael Horton, prince.
- Horse: Emily Powell, queen; Nathan Knicely, king; Cheyenne Potteiger, princess; Chase Steffan, prince.
- Pork: Megan Ritter, queen; Sarah Ball, princess.
- Dairy: Rachel Welch, princess.
- Lamb and wool: Bekah White, queen.