Activities scheduled today on the opening day of the Hancock County Fair:
Senior citizens and veterans day: $2 admission for adults 60 and over, and veterans.
Gospel pavilion open through the day.
- 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. — Gates open for livestock.
- 8 a.m. — Junior Fair horse show, north grandstand.
- 9 a.m. on — Open class judging in Grange Building: farm products, horticulture, woodworking, domestic arts and crafts, hobbies and collections, Granges, and baking department.
- 9 a.m. — Junior Fair booth judging, youth building.
- 9 a.m. — Judging of Junior Fair FFA and home economics, education building.
- 9:30 a.m. — Junior Fair swine show, south show arena.
- 10 a.m. — Junior Fair poultry judging, poultry barn.
- 10 a.m. — Junior Fair rabbit showmanship, north show arena.
- 10 a.m. — Horseshoe pitching for Hancock County residents only.
- 10 a.m. — Junior Fair dog show, show tent.
- 1 p.m. — Junior Fair duke and duchess coronation, mini park.
- 1 p.m. — Open special draft horse show, north grandstand.
- 2 p.m. — Weigh-in, Junior Fair market lambs.
- 2 p.m. — 4-H in Action, youth building.
- 5 p.m. — Baked goods auction, Grange Building.
- 5:30 p.m. — 75th anniversary parade, followed by opening ceremonies, Junior Fair king and queen coronation, and county band show.
- 6 p.m. — Photography judging.