The following is the weekly report about construction and maintenance work on state highways in the region, provided by the Ohio Department of Transportation:
- Interstate 75 reconstruction project: For the most recent information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County, visit www.odotlima75.org.
- U.S. 30 from Lincoln Highway to east of Ohio 115 will be restricted to one lane beginning today for about three days for bridge deck sealing.
The U.S. 224 interchange with Interstate 75 is currently being reconstructed. The project began in February and is expected to be completed late this fall.
The following developments will occur in coming weeks:
- All ramps at the interchange are now open and will remain open for the duration of the project.
- Both the northbound and southbound lanes are currently narrowed and shifted approaching the U.S. 224 interchange.
- Lane restrictions will continue both northbound and southbound for overhead work at the bridge. Restrictions will occur between 9 p.m. and 10 a.m.
- Short-term, daytime lane closures should be expected on U.S. 224 at I-75 throughout the week. Traffic will be maintained at times with flaggers.
- Interstate 75 between Ohio 235 and the city of Findlay will be restricted to one lane for pavement repair. Work is taking place in the northbound direction, beginning at Ohio 235 and continuing north. Traffic restrictions will be in place during weekdays and will be removed on the weekends.
- Ohio 698 between Hancock County 313 and the village of Jenera will close Wednesday for about two days for tarring and chipping.
- Ohio 568 between Blanchard Avenue in Findlay and Hancock County 180 is currently not restricted for pavement repair and resurfacing. The project is temporarily suspended to allow adjoining work by the city of Findlay to take place. The project will resume in September.
- Through September, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 18, between Ohio 65 and the Henry/Wood County line, for resurfacing and bridge work. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
- Ohio 115 from the Allen County line to the north edge of Kalida will be restricted for pavement repairs. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers. The project will continue through October.
- Ohio 109 will close Sept. 9 to upgrade a culvert between County Road B and County Road X for about five days.
- Ohio 65 will be restricted for the cleaning of drainage structures.
- Ohio 696 will be restricted for the cleaning of drainage structures.
- Ohio 12 will be restricted for the cleaning of drainage structures.
- Through September, overnight from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m., single lane restrictions and traffic shifts are possible on I-75 from U.S. 20 in Perrysburg to Hancock County 99 near Findlay for pavement repair and barrier wall installation. Through 2016, 11-foot lane width restrictions are in place on I-75 between U.S. 20 in Perrysburg and Hancock County 99. Through November, Bays Road at I-75 and Jerry City Road at I-75 will be closed for bridge work.
- Through October, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 18 from Mitchell Road in North Baltimore to Rose Street in Bloomdale. Work includes resurfacing on Ohio 18 in North Baltimore. Through mid-September, Ohio 18 at I-75 will be reduced to one lane in each direction for bridge work.
- U.S. 23 between Carey and Upper Sandusky will be restricted for pavement repairs.
- Ohio 67 in the city of Upper Sandusky is open after the completion of waterline repair.
- Ohio 53/67 (8th Street/Marseilles Avenue) in Upper Sandusky from High Street to Wyandot Avenue will be restricted to one lane for water line installation and pavement repair. The project will continue until early October.