The following work is scheduled on state highways in the region, according to the Ohio Department of Transportation:
- The following impacts to traffic related to the reconstruction and widening of Interstate 75 through Findlay and Hancock County are occurring or scheduled to occur in the coming weeks:
- Interstate 75 both northbound and southbound from south of the U.S. 68/Ohio 15 interchange to Hancock County 313 will be reduced to one lane beginning early this week for pavement removal. The restriction will be in place from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. each night for about one week. I-75 from just south of Hancock County 313 Hancock County 99 is restricted to one lane at times during nighttime hours only.
- River Road and Howard Street, north and south of the Blanchard River beneath Interstate 75, is closed periodically as needed through late fall during reconstruction of the bridge carrying Interstate 75 over the Blanchard River. Access to all residences and businesses will be maintained.
- For information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction and widening project through Findlay and Hancock County, visit the website:
Other projects in the county include:
- Ohio 12 just east of Benton Ridge is closed for a bridge deck repair.
- U.S. 68 from the Findlay airport to Eagle Creek, south of Findlay, will have daily lane closures in both directions for installation of cable barrier in the median. The project also includes the installation of overhead lighting and the removal of the caution flasher at Western Avenue.
- Ohio 235 from the Hardin County line to Hancock County 304 will be reduced to one lane for pavement repair and resurfacing.
- U.S. 224 just west of Ohio 235 is closed for a culvert replacement.
- Bluffton: Two bridges on Bentley Road at exit 140 (one over Interstate 75 and one over the railroad north of Interstate 75) closed June 5 for about four months.
- Both the southbound entrance and exit ramps at Bentley Road also closed June 5 for four months.
- Interstate 75 northbound traffic is being detoured to the Ohio 103 interchange. Interstate 75 southbound traffic is advised to access Bentley Road via the Ohio 103 interchange. The northbound ramps at the interchange remain open. However, left turns onto Bentley Road from northbound Interstate 75 are not permitted.
- Interstate 75 both northbound and southbound will be periodically reduced to one lane at times beneath the Bentley Road bridge structure during certain operations related to construction.
- Lane closures will occur sporadically and are expected to occur mostly during daytime hours but some nighttime closures may occur.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane for pavement repair and resurfacing at the following locations:
- U.S. 68 in the village of Dunkirk from the south corporation limit to Washington Street.
- Ohio 235 from the south corporation limit of Alger to Ohio 309.
- Ohio 235 from the north corporation limit of Ada to the Hancock County line.
- Ohio 81 at Township Road 55 east of Ada will be reduced to one lane during a drainage tile repair project.
- Through September, lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 108 between Ohio 18 and County Road F in Holgate for resurfacing.
- Through October, lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 65 between County Road G and the Henry/Putnam county line for resurfacing.
- Ohio 613 in the village of West Leipsic will close Aug. 21 for about five days for a railroad repair.
U.S. 224 in the village of Ottawa will close Aug. 21 for about five days for a railroad repair.
- The following routes at various locations will be reduced to one lane for cleaning of drainage structures: Ohio 65 in the village of Ottawa just south of U.S. 224; Ohio 12; Ohio 613, and Ohio 109.
- Ohio 190 just north of Road T-Q, north of Fort Jennings, is now open following a culvert replacement.
- U.S. 23 and Ohio 15 near their interchange with Ohio 103, south of Carey, are reduced to one lane in each direction for work related to the removal of two bridges over abandoned railroads. The following are traffic impacts related to the project:
- All traffic has been shifted to the east side of the road and is reduced to one lane in each direction between County Highway 97 and County Highway 95 for the removal of structures on the U.S. 23 southbound, Ohio 15 eastbound lanes.
- In about one week, a change in traffic pattern will begin which will eventually place both lanes of U.S. 23 southbound/Ohio 15 eastbound back to the west side of the highway. Once this traffic pattern is set, the exit ramp from U.S. 23 northbound/Ohio 15 westbound to continue onto U.S. 23 will close for two months.
- The project also includes the upcoming resurfacing of U.S. 23 from just north of County Highway 97 to the Ohio 103 interchange and of the ramps at Ohio 103.
- Ohio 53 between Ohio 103 and County Road 2, McCutchenville, is closed for bridge replacements over Thorn Run and Tymochtee Creek.
- Ohio 37 from the Hancock County line to the village of Forest will be reduced to one lane for tarring and chipping of the roadway.
- Ohio 53 between Upper Sandusky and Ohio 37 in Forest, is restricted to one lane for resurfacing.