There are orange barrels galore in the area as construction work continues on state highways. The Ohio Department of Transportation says these projects are scheduled in Hancock and surrounding counties:
- Ohio 37 just south of Township Road 168, about three miles north of Houcktown, will close today for approximately five days for a culvert replacement. Traffic will be detoured onto Ohio 103, U.S. 68 and Ohio 15 back to Ohio 37.
- Ohio 103 just east of Interstate 75, Bluffton, will close Sept. 18 for about five days for a culvert replacement. Traffic will be detoured north onto Interstate 75 to Ohio 235, then back to Ohio 103.
- Interstate 75 northbound, just north of Ohio 103, Bluffton, will have reduced-width lanes beginning this week for replacement of curb and guardrail. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained the majority of the time, but some intermittent lane closures will occur during daytime and nighttime hours.
- The Ohio 613 closure in McComb for a railroad crossing repair has been canceled.
- The Ohio 186/Ohio 235 overlap, at McComb, is anticipated to close Wednesday for about seven days for a railroad crossing repair. However, the closure could be delayed.
- The following locations will be restricted to one lane through the work zone during installation of center line rumble stripes. Work will continue until mid-September:
- U.S. 224 from Ohio 235 to just west of Findlay.
- U.S. 224 from the east side of Findlay to the Seneca County line.
- Ohio 12 from Findlay to Fostoria, excluding Arcadia.
- Separately, Ohio 235 from the Hardin County line to County Road 304 will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair and resurfacing.
- Ohio 12 just east of Benton Ridge closed July 17 for approximately 60 days for a bridge deck repair. Traffic is being detoured onto Ohio 235, U.S. 224 and Interstate 75 back to Ohio 12.
- U.S. 68 from the Findlay airport to Eagle Creek, south of Findlay, will have daily lane closures in both directions for installation of cable barrier in the median. The work is expected to be completed in about eight weeks. The project also includes the installation of overhead lighting and the removal of the caution flasher at Western Avenue.
- The following locations will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair:
- Ohio 309 from just east of Lima to the Hardin County line.
- Ohio 81 from Kemp Road to the Hardin County line.
- Also, Ohio 115 from Ohio 65 to the Putnam County line will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair and resurfacing.
- Bridge deck replacements are underway on Napoleon Road over Interstate 75, Beaverdam, and Bentley Road over Interstate 75, Bluffton.
- The Napoleon Road bridge over I-75 closed May 22 and will remain closed until late fall. The northbound exit ramp from Interstate 75 to Napoleon Road closed May 30 until late fall.
- The entrance ramp to Interstate 75 southbound from Napoleon Road will remain open.
- Two bridges on Bentley Road at exit 140 (one over Interstate 75 and one over the railroad north of Interstate 75) closed June 5 until late October.
- Both the southbound entrance and exit ramps at Bentley Road closed on June 5 until late October. The northbound ramps at the interchange remain open. However, left turns onto Bentley Road from northbound Interstate 75 are not permitted.
- Interstate 75 southbound traffic is advised to access Bentley Road via the Ohio 103 interchange (exit 142) and follow Ohio 103 through Bluffton back to Bentley Road.
- Interstate 75 both northbound and southbound will be periodically reduced to one lane at times beneath both the Napoleon Road and Bentley Road bridges during certain construction operations.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair and resurfacing at the following locations:
- U.S. 68 in Dunkirk from the south corporation limit to Washington Street.
- Ohio 235 from the south corporation limit of Alger to Ohio 309.
- Ohio 235 from the north corporation limit of Ada to the Hancock County line.
- Ohio 81 at Township Road 55 east of Ada will be reduced to one lane through the work zone during a drainage tile repair project.
- Ohio 117 just south of Roundhead will close Sept. 25 for about three weeks for a culvert replacement.
- Ohio 109, about two miles north of Ottawa near County Road H, northbound, will be restricted during pavement repair.
- Through mid-November, U.S. 224, between Stever Road and Ohio 67, will be closed for bridge repairs.
- Effective today through October, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on U.S. 224, between Ohio 18 and Ohio 100, and between South Township Road 81 and South Township Road 197, for resurfacing.
- Through mid-September, lane restrictions are possible on Ohio 18 between Teakwood Drive and Hopewell Avenue for resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained by a rolling traffic zone.
- Through September, single-lane restrictions are possible on I-75 between U.S. 20 and County Road 99 in Hancock County for finish work.
- Effective today through Monday, Sept. 25, Ohio 18 between Kline Street and Leathers Road in Bairdstown will be closed for railroad crossing repairs. Detour: Ohio 613 and northbound I-75.
- U.S. 23 and Ohio 15, near their interchange with Ohio 103 south of Carey, is reduced to one lane in each direction for work related to the removal of two bridges over abandoned railroads. The following are traffic impacts related to the project:
- All lanes of U.S. 23/Ohio 15 are now traveling on the west side of the highway.
- The exit ramp from U.S. 23 northbound/Ohio 15 westbound to continue onto U.S. 23 closed Aug. 25 for two months. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 15 west, County Road 330 to Ohio 15 east back to Ohio 103.
- The project also includes the upcoming resurfacing of U.S. 23 from just north of County Highway 97 to the Ohio 103 interchange and of the ramps at Ohio 103.
- Separately, Ohio 53 between Ohio 103 and County Road 2, McCutchenville, closed April 24 for approximately six months for bridge replacements over Thorn Run and Tymochtee Creek.