Ohio Logistics, Bowers Heating & Cooling, and Ken Schroeder of FriendsOffice were among those honored Thursday in the 2017 Small Business Awards.
The awards program was sponsored by the Findlay-Hancock County Alliance’s Chamber of Commerce and Findlay Publishing Co.
- Ohio Logistics was named Small Business of the Year.
- Ken Schroeder, of FriendsOffice, was named Small Business Person of the Year.
- Bowers Heating & Cooling won Family Owned Small Business Champion of the Year.
- Findlay Ace Hardware was named Customer Service Champion of the Year.
- Paul Smith, of Marathon Petroleum Corp., was named Professional of the Year.
- Cedar Valley Cafe won the Diversity Small Business Champion of the Year award.
- Stateler Family Farms was named Agriculture Enterprise Champion of the Year.
- Fields for All Project was named Go Local Small Business Champion.
- Carol Metzger, of Cancer Patient Services, was named Nonprofit Leader of the Year.
- Property Analysts was named Downtown Champion of the Year.
- Dr. Carmen Doty-Armstrong, of Findlay MedSpa, won the Women in Business Champion of the Year honor.
- The Brown Co. of Findlay won the Small Business Manufacturing Excellence award.
- Kona Ice Findlay was named Emerging Business of the Year.
- Kim Switzer, chief probation officer for Hancock County Court Services, won the Athena Award.
- Bistro on Main won the Dennis Russell “Our Spirit Shows” Award.
- Kristen Johnson, judge of Hancock County Juvenile and Probate Courts, won the Distinguished Leadership Award.
- Hancock Hardin Wyandot Putnam Community Action Commission won the Community Partner Award.