By EILEEN MCCLORY
A man accused of robbing the First American Loans office in Findlay was indicted this week by a Hancock County grand jury.
Rodger L. Rader, 34, address unknown, was indicted on a charge of theft, a fifth-degree felony.
Police said Rader entered First American Loans, 2018 Tiffin Ave., Suite 3, and demanded money about 1:21 p.m. on Jan. 6. Rader fled the store on foot after an employee handed him cash, according to police. No threats were made and no weapons were brandished, police said.
Rader was arrested shortly afterward and cash was recovered, police said.
In other indictments Tuesday, Chrystal L. Chambers, 25, of Fostoria, was charged with assault, a fourth-degree felony, after she allegedly assaulted a Findlay police officer. The incident allegedly occurred Jan. 13.
Two people were indicted on charges of domestic violence. Anthony S. Bullis, 46, of Findlay, was charged with domestic violence, a third-degree felony, after an alleged incident on Jan. 1. Bullis was previously convicted of domestic violence in Seneca County in 2010 and 2012.
Separately, Christina E. Mahler, 36, of Findlay, was charged with domestic violence, a fourth-degree felony, after an alleged incident on Jan. 4. Mahler was previously convicted of domestic violence in Findlay Municipal Court in 2008.
Four people were indicted on drug charges:
- Timothy D. Journigan, 22, of Findlay, was charged with possession of cocaine, a third-degree felony; aggravated possession of drugs, specifically methamphetamine, a fifth-degree felony; and having weapons while under disability, a third-degree felony. The incidents allegedly occurred Jan. 12.
- Amanda J. O’Connor, 31, of Ferndale, Michigan, was charged with aggravated possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony, for allegedly possessing a prescription drug, methylphenidate hydrochloride, a drug commonly used to treat ADHD, on Sept. 19.
- Joshua S. Beckman, 64, of Findlay, was charged with aggravated possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony, specifically carfentanil, stemming from an alleged incident on June 14, 2017.
- Brandy D. Barnhart, 24, of Findlay, was charged with aggravated possession of drugs, specifically carfentanil, a fifth-degree felony, for an alleged incident on July 14, 2017.
The following secret indictments were recently released:
- Micki F. Delarosa, 33, of Fostoria, was charged with two counts of trafficking in cocaine, each a fourth-degree felony. The charges stem from alleged incidents on Jan. 10, 2017, and Jan 12, 2017.
- Averi R. Gamache, 35, of Findlay, was charged with aggravated trafficking in drugs, specifically methamphetamine. The charges stem from an alleged incident on March 21, 2017.
- Jerrold J.L. Riley, 23, of Toledo, was charged with aggravated trafficking in drugs, specifically fentanyl, a third-degree felony; trafficking in cocaine, a fourth-degree felony; and trafficking in a counterfeit controlled substance, a fourth-degree felony. The charges stem from alleged incidents on Nov. 17, 2016 and Nov. 23, 2016.
Send an E-mail to Eileen McClory