The following is a look at construction and maintenance work on local roadways and state highways in the region. Information is provided by the City of Findlay Engineering Department, regional county engineer’s offices, and the Ohio Department of Transportation:
- Cory Street will be restricted or closed in two spots for curb and sidewalk replacement. Between Lima and Sandusky streets, the road will be reduced to one lane. Between Sandusky and Crawford streets, the street will be closed to through traffic.
- North Blanchard Street, between Trenton and Melrose Avenues, will be reduced to one lane for southbound traffic
- Park Street, between Lima and Hancock streets, will be closed to through traffic for road reconstruction.
- Interstate 75, in both directions between the U.S. 224 and Ohio 12 interchanges will be restricted to one lane from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. each day this week, according to the Ohio Department of Transportation. Crews will be setting of bridge beams over the Blanchard River. The expected traffic effects are as follows:
- Traffic will be temporarily slowed and perhaps stopped for short intervals, up to 15 minutes, while each beam is set in place.
- The I-75 southbound entrance ramp at U.S. 224 will be used as a staging area for the beams and will therefore be temporarily closed for short intervals of up to 15 minutes during the operation.
- Additionally, U.S. 68/Ohio 15 remains reduced to one lane in both directions between Lima Avenue and West Hobart Avenue due to drainage work in preparation for road reconstruction.
- For information concerning the I-75 reconstruction and widening project through Findlay and Hancock County, visit: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D01/PlanningPrograms/Projects/hancock75/Pages/Hancock-75.aspx
- Interstate 75 southbound between Ohio 235 and the Allen County line will be restricted to one lane for pavement crack sealing throughout the week.
- U.S. 224, between Biglick Township 276 and Hancock County 23 in West Independence, will close May 7 for about 45 days for a bridge overlay project.
- Ohio 698, between Ohio 103 and Hancock County 24 in Jenera, will be restricted to one lane for a repaving project which began Thursday.
- Ohio 103 between Madison Township 70 and 177 in Arlington will be restricted to one lane for a repaving project which began April.
- Ohio 103 (Jefferson Street) between Vance Street and Huber Street, Bluffton, will close today for about five days for railroad repair.
- Interstate 75 between Bentley Road and Ohio 103 will be restricted to one lane at times for a bridge repair project which is expected to begin the week of April 23. Work will occur on I-75 over Riley Creek in Allen County and on the Hancock County 15 bridge over I-75 in Hancock County.
- U.S. 30, both eastbound and westbound, between Beaverdam and the Hancock County line, will be reduced to one lane during berm repair.
- Ohio 66 between Putnam County Road R and Township Road R-23, south of Ottoville, will close today for about one week for the replacement of two culverts.
- Ohio 635 will be closed between Township Road 132 and Seneca County 38 from April 23 to 27 for culvert replacement.
- Interstate 75, between Ohio 582 and Hancock County 99, will have nightly lane restrictions possible through May 4 for crack sealing. The restrictions will be between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- U.S. 23 near the Ohio 199 interchange, south of Upper Sandusky, will be reduced to one lane both northbound and southbound throughout the week for pavement repair.