Classes at the University of Findlay start Monday, Aug. 20, but the campus will be busy next week with a schedule of move-in and welcome events.
The schedule is:
- Wednesday, Aug. 15, 5 to 8 p.m.: Early move-in for students signed up for new student registration.
- Thursday, Aug. 16, 1:30 to 6:30 p.m.: Move-in day.
- Friday, Aug. 17, 4 to 5:30 p.m.: Griffith Memorial Arch ceremony for new students. New students march through the arch toward Old Main and, according to tradition, don’t walk back through it until graduation.
- Saturday, Aug. 18, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Students complete service projects such as painting and weeding throughout the Findlay-Hancock County.
- Sunday, Aug. 19, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. — Oilers Changing Campus Culture, one-hour mandatory sessions for students on how to stay safe and make good decisions while living away from home.
- Sunday, Aug. 19, 5 p.m.: All-campus picnic on Cory Street Mall.