Soybean farmers can request referendum on assessment

Soybean farmers can request a referendum on the soybean checkoff assessment, which is paid when a grower sells beans.
To be eligible to make the request, farmers must certify and provide documentation that shows they produced soybeans and paid an assessment on the beans between Jan. 1, 2012, and Dec. 31, 2013.
Farmers may obtain a form by mail, fax, or in person from the Hancock County Farm Service Agency office from May 5 through May 30. Producers who don’t participate in Farm Service Agency programs may request a referendum form at the service agency county office where they own or rent land.
Forms and supporting documentation must be returned to the service agency county office by fax, in person, or mailed no later than May 30. If returned by mail, the form must be postmarked by midnight May 30 and received by June 5.



About the Author