AKRON, Ohio (AP) — A doctor says an Ohio infant burned by a neighbor’s fireworks is expected to make a full recovery.
The Akron Children’s Hospital has been treating the 4-month-old girl since Friday night for second-degree burns, mostly to her face and left hand.
Dr. John Crow, chairman of the hospital’s surgery department, said in a Tuesday statement that Au’Bre McCormick is in “fair condition and doing quite well.” He says she is expected to recover from the burns.
A neighbor of the Youngstown baby reportedly kicked over a lit tubular firework, which shot into the girl’s play seat. She was flown to the Akron hospital’s burn center following the accident.
The hospital says its burn center treated six injuries related to bonfires and 16 related to fireworks during the holiday weekend.