Bridge work

By :
Comment: Off

A crane sets a concrete beam in place as part of the $2.3 million rebuilding of the Osborn Avenue bridge over the Blanchard River near Riverside Park. The reconstruction, which started in mid-July, may be completed by Thanksgiving, said Hancock County Engineer Chris Long. The crane setting the beam in place is owned and operated by Capital City Group, of Columbus and Ottawa. R.G. Zachrich, of Defiance, is the contractor for the bridge replacement. The Osborn Avenue bridge was built in the 1960s, Long said. A federal grant is funding 95 percent of the replacement cost. The other 5 percent will come from gasoline taxes and license plate fees the county receives, Long said. (Photo by Randy Roberts / The Courier)



Comments

comments

About the Author