A house and attached garage in Risingsun were destroyed Monday in a fire.

According to the Advertister-Tribune, the fire was reported at 6975 Railroad St., Risingsun, at 2:15 p.m. Monday. No one was home at the time of the fire and no one was injured, according to Fire Chief Jeff Drake of West Millgrove Volunteer Fire Department.

Drake said that a wood burner stove in the garage was the cause of the fire; the fire destroyed the garage, then spread to the rafters and through the house, he said.

The fire was extinguished by crews after approximately three hours; the house and garage were destroyed, and siding was melted on a neighboring house.

Assisting at the scene were theRisingsun Volunteer Fire Department, Kansas Volunteer Fire Department, Bradner Fire Department and EMS, and Wayne Volunteer Fire Department.