- Findlay Knights of Columbus Leo 957 has suspended its Saturday Night Charitable Bingo until further notice. This Friday’s Lenten fish fry will be carryout only ($8 per box of fried fish, baked potatoes, cole slaw, macaroni and cheese and dinner roll). The remaining Friday night fish fries are canceled.
- Kiwanis Club of Findlay has canceled Saturday’s Pancake Day fundraiser. Proceeds from presale tickets and sponsorships will still be used to benefit many of the programs the club sponsors in the area.
- The University of Findlay’s Curtain Raisers Society has canceled its annual meeting and wall of fame induction scheduled for Sunday. The event will be rescheduled.
- Chopin Hall has closed its office but will start a “drive through” distribution procedure.
The agency will distribute food on an appointment basis only. At their reservation time, clients will pull to the back of Chopin Hall (from the north side only) to pick up their food. Call 419-422-6401 to set up a time.
- The University of Findlay Jazz Ensemble Concert is canceled.
The Community Foundation and Hancock County United Way have postponed any Community Conversations currently scheduled.
- Marathon Center for the Performing Arts is immediately suspending shows and activities through at least April 5.
- 50 North is closed until at least March 29.
- The Catholic bishops of Ohio dispense the Catholic faithful currently in Ohio from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass for the next three weekends.
- The Ritz Theatre has postponed its March 21 Herman’s Hermits performance.
- St. Michael the Archangel Parish has canceled its Parish Mission, “60 Minutes for Jesus,” set for March 23-25.
- Hancock Park District’s Maple Sugaring Pancake Breakfast and Public Day, scheduled for March 14, are canceled.
- The Korean War Veterans Association has canceled its March 19 meeting.
- Forest-Jackson Public Library programs are suspended, as of March 13. Some public computers will be unavailable for use. The library will offer curbside service to patrons. Call 419-273-2400 for details.
- The McComb Municipal Office is closed to the public through at least March 27. Employees will continue to report to work, and residents may call the village office at 419-273-0321 for guidance on payment of bills and taxes.
- The Pheasants Forever Hancock County Chapter has canceled its 30th annual fundraising banquet scheduled for March 21.
- CedarCreek Church has suspended all gatherings and events at its six campuses until further notice. This includes experiences such as weekend services, Celebrate Recovery and Second Saturdays. CedarCreek will continue to offer services online, including a special service this weekend that speaks to the heart of the current health outbreak.
The chicken barbecue dinner set for 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 22 at Pandora United Methodist Church will be carryout only. Tickets are $9, call 419-384-3782.
- The LGBTQ+ movie club has canceled its Sunday movie screening at the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library.
The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums will close March 14 through March 31. All events scheduled for March are canceled and may be rescheduled. Refunds will be issued to those who bought tickets for March events.
- City of Findlay Recreation is suspending all indoor public operations. This includes public skate at The Cube; Keep Active, Keep Healthy events; and Fitness Fridays in conjunction with the Children’s Museum.
- McVitty VFW Post 1182 and the American Legion Post 259 of Forest have canceled their March 20 fish fry.
- Seneca County Sheriff William Eckelberry has canceled all inmate visitation and suspended any non-essential personnel from entering the Seneca County Jail in Tiffin. This will remain in effect until at least March 27.
- First United Church of Christ has canceled its annual garage sale, scheduled for March 28. Sunday services are canceled on March 22 and 29.
- The Findlay-Hancock County Public Library and its branches are closed.
- The Fostoria Community Arts Council has canceled its upcoming Easter/spring children’s workshop and its March board meeting.
Gilboa United Methodist Church has canceled its St. Patrick’s Day Dinner.
Findlay Duplicate Bridge Club at the Findlay YMCA on Tuesdays and Fridays is canceled until further notice.
- The Flag City Train Show scheduled for March 22 has been rescheduled to May 17.
- Findlay Hope House has rescheduled its annual Benefit Auction, previously set for April 3, to June 12.
- Awakening Minds Art has canceled all programming.
- Al-Anon has canceled all meetings.
- Open Arms has rescheduled its Chefs Take A Stand To End Domestic Violence event from April 24 to June 12.
The Upper Sandusky Community Library will be closed effective 8:30 p.m. March 17 through at least April 5. Homebound deliveries are suspended until the library reopens.
- The Hancock County Humane Society will be open by appointment only for adoptions or surrenders, starting Tuesday. Anyone who wants to renew a dog license should call the agency first at 419-423-1664, ext. 123.
- Christian Clearing House has canceled its garage sale planned for this weekend. Those who purchased a ticket to Thursday’s Velvet Chandelier event are invited to the greenhouse for an impromptu shopping time from 6-8 p.m. No additional tickets will be sold. Anyone unable to attend Thursday can return the ticket for a full refund.
- All events at the Putnam County District Library locations are canceled until April 6. This includes library sponsored and nonsponsored programs, meeting room rental, etc.
- The PMP Joint Ambulance District has postponed its March 17 meeting until further notice.
- Northwest Hancock Joint Fire District has postponed its March 17 meeting until further notice.
- Findlay City Council has canceled its March 17 meeting.
- The Forest-Jackson Public Library is closed.
- The McComb Public Library will close March 18 until further notice.
- The North Baltimore Public Library is closed.
- Hancock Park District has canceled all programs through May 5.
St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 215 N. Second St., North Baltimore, has canceled all in-person worship services and activities from March 18 through Palm Sunday, April 5. The Rev. Ralph Mineo will be live streaming on YouTube each Wednesday evening at 7 and Sunday mornings at 10:15. Join him for worship at https://www.facebook.com/ralph.j.mineo
- Good Hope Lutheran Church of Arlington has canceled all services, meals and activities through April 5. The church’s food pantry will remain open from 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, March 24.
United Way of Hancock County will transition its annual meeting to a virtual meeting at 6 p.m. March 19. RSVP your virtual attendance by calling 419-432-1432 or by visiting https://www.facebook.com/events/2607742782687835/
- The Hancock County OSU Extension office is closed, and most Extension-planned activities through April 20 are postponed, scheduled to be held virtually or canceled.
Fostoria Finance Committee and Fostoria City Council meetings have been canceled for the month of April. Meetings will resume as scheduled beginning in May.
Dorcas Carey Public Library is closed while Carey schools are closed, at least until April 6.
- Fostoria Civil Service Commission and council’s Law & Ordinance meetings are canceled for April and will resume in May.
- The main lobby of Hancock County Job and Family Services, 7814 Hancock County 140, and Ohio Means Job Center public areas are closed.
- The Hancock County Board of Elections offices, 201 E. Lincoln St., are closed. The hallway of the elections board is open and a drop box is available.