St. Andrews United Methodist Church pastors Jeff and Becky Schofield Motter stand with a copy of the 16th century painting The Nativity by Federico Barocci of the Bethlehem manger scene, recreated in 1963 by sisters Brigitte and Elizabeth Suhay. The painting has decorated the church sanctuary at Christmastime ever since its creation by the women, whose family fled their native Hungary due to the Soviet invasion. St. Andrews sponsored the familys settlement in Findlay in 1958. Barocci was an important painter in his day, and his deep faith in God inspired many of his masterpieces. His original work hangs in Museo Nacional del Prado in Madrid, Spain. (Photo by Randy Roberts)

Comments