A FIRE SUNDAY night caused about $25,000 in damages to this house on Jefferson Street in Findlay. A resident of the house was taken to the hospital. (Photo by Brenna Griteman)

A man and dog were rescued by Findlay firefighters from a house fire at 215 Jefferson St. Sunday evening.

The man was taken to Blanchard Valley Hospital, and the dog appeared to be OK, the Findlay firefighters reported.

The house sustained $15,000 damage on the first and second floors and there was $10,000 damage to the home’s contents, firefighters reported. Most of the damage was smoke-related.

The cause of the fire, which was reported about 7:30 p.m. Sunday, is still under investigation.

It appeared to start on the first floor, firefighters reported.

Comments