The Courier’s editorial staff has been nominated for 11 Ohio Associated Press Media Editors newspaper contest awards.
The newspaper competes in Division IV, made up of newspapers with a daily circulation of 19,000 to 59,999.
• Sara Arthurs, best feature writer
• Sara Arthurs and Kevin Bean, best digital project (A Generation Forged by War: World War II Veterans Look Back)
• Brenna Griteman, best headline writer
• Randy Roberts, best photographer
• Jason Smith, best graphics artist and best illustration or informational graphic
• Lou Wilin, best business writer and best news writer
• Andy Wolf, best sports feature writer
• Staff, best special sports section for both the football and basketball sections
First-, second- and third-place awards will be presented May 9 in Columbus.
Fifty-six daily newspapers submitted 1,630 entries to the contest, which featured news and sports stories, features, editorials, columns, graphics and photos from 2019.