EDITOR’S NOTE: To see a version of this story without the paywall, click on the “Coronavirus” tab in the middle of the home page. To keep the community informed, we’ve lifted the paywall on all stories about the coronavirus.
By DENISE GRANT
Findlay food distribution sites are changing their routines to better suit demand and to cover “spring break” for area students.
The meals are for children ages 1-18 from Hancock County. Children must be present to receive the meals.
Following is a list of times and locations for the distributions:
• Findlay City Schools sack lunch and breakfast distributions at Glenwood Middle School, 1715 N. Main St., and Lincoln Elementary School, 200 W. Lincoln St., will be held today from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Breakfast and lunch food to cover Findlay Schools’ spring break on Friday, Monday and Tuesday also will be distributed at Glenwood and Lincoln schools during the same time today.
• On April 15, three days worth of breakfast and lunch food will again be distributed at Glenwood and Lincoln schools during the same time.
• On April 20, two days worth of breakfast and lunch food will be distributed at Glenwood and Lincoln schools during the same time.
• Distributions will then follow the same pattern moving forward, on April 22, three days of breakfast and lunch food will be distributed, and on April 27, two days worth of food will be distributed, etc.
YMCA Feed-A-Child bins will also be available at Glenwood and Lincoln schools during the distributions. Families may take one bag of the additional food per child, along with the school meals.
The YMCA is also making home deliveries on Mondays and Thursdays upon arrangement.
YMCA Feed-A-Child food bags will also be available from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays at the following Findlay City Schools: Lincoln; Jacobs Primary School, 600 Jacobs Ave.; Northview Primary School, 133 Lexington Ave.; Bigelow Hill Intermediate School, 300 Hillcrest Ave.; Whittier Primary School, 733 Wyandot St.; Wilson Vance Intermediate, 610 Bristol Ave.; Jefferson Primary School, 204 Fairlawn Ave.; and Chamberlin Hill Intermediate, 600 W. Yates Ave.
The food bags are available for any child or family.