COLUMBUS — Eli Rawlings’ goal in the final minute of play lifted Cincinnati Summit Country Day to a 1-0 win over Ottawa Hills in the OHSAA Division III boys state soccer final at MAPFRE Stadium on Saturday.
It was Summit Country Day’s third straight title as it has won five of the last six, and six state championships overall. The school has captured 21 straight tournament matches.
Henry Schertzinger’s cross set up Rawlings’ goal for the Silver Knights (17-2-3), who also won the Division III state girls title on Friday.
Ottawa Hills, the 2008 state champs, finished at 20-1-2.

Division II
COLUMBUS — Columbus DeSales capped its first unbeaten season since 1992 by blanking Bay Village Bay 4-0 in the OHSAA Division II boys state soccer championship match.
DeSales (22-0-1) outscored its seven postseason opponents 38-0.
Junior Michael Cockerell got DeSales on the board first when he rocketed a shot past Bay keeper Brent Hull, from 25 yards out with 23:29 left in the first half.
Senior midfielder Hector Gomez assisted on two goals by Nick Fuchs and Gomez’ younger brother, Christian. to put the game out of reach.
With the win, DeSales now has seven (2015, 2014, 2009, 1997, 1992, 1986) OHSAA boys soccer state championships, second behind Cleveland St. Ignatius’ eight.
It was Bay’s seventh trip to the OHSAA state finals. The two teams have now met four times (2015, 2014, 2009) in the Division II title game with DeSales coming out on top each time.

Division I
COLUMBUS — After 96 scoreless minutes, Beavercreek finally broke the ice on its way to a 1-0 double overtime win against Medina in Saturday’s OHSAA Division I state boys soccer championship game at MAPFRE Stadium.
The win gives Beavercreek (22-0-2) its first boys soccer state championship, after coming up short in its two previous title game appearances in 1990 and 2008.
Ryan Bernt and Dominic Calabrese broke the tie just one minute into the second overtime period as Calabrese sent a header down the right side of the box to Bernt who was able to beat Medina keeper Tyler Glasenapp on the far side of the net. Glasenapp saved six of the seven shots he faced.
The last time a Division I championship game went to overtime was 2009, when Gahanna Lincoln defeated Cleveland St. Ignatius in a shootout.
This was Medina’s (16-2-5) first trip to the state championship game in just two postseason appearances.