SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE
I’m confused. Since illegal immigrants are in the United States illegally, how — depending on what state they’re in — can they, among other things:
1. Get jobs?
An article that appeared in Legal Match in June of 2018 states: “It is illegal under Federal Law for any employer to engage with illegal immigrants in the following manner:
• Hiring illegal immigrants
• Recruiting illegal immigrants
• Referring illegal immigrants for work and receiving a fee. This also includes hiring contractors who use illegal immigrants. There are criminal and civil penalties associated with this conduct.”
2. Be eligible for Medicaid right off the bat when actual U.S. citizens must meet specific criteria before becoming eligible?
3. Be entitled to potentially benefit from legal action that would block their roundup and deportation, even though they’re here illegally?
Key word: illegally! These people are in our country illegally! As in not legally!
So why are they being handed all kinds of benefits — at the expense of U.S. citizens — that those same U.S. citizens are required to earn in one way or another?!