The Findlay Publishing Company is the parent company for the following brands with an online presence: The Courier, eCourier, Review Times, Social Findlay, Blanchard River Broadcasting, White River Broadcasting, 419Discover, Sports BUZZ Ohio, Courier Bridal, Fox Ride Report, Allegra Findlay, Best of Findlay, Findlay Digital Design and Holiday Cheers.
Findlay Publishing Company Digital Media (Website, Apps, Alerts, Newsletters and Social Media) Privacy Statement
The privacy, confidence, and trust of individuals who visit Findlay Publishing Company websites, apps and Social Media are important to us. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that The Findlay Publishing Company collects online, and the ways in which The Findlay Publishing Company uses that personal information. This statement is limited to only the information collected online.
Personal information collection
The Findlay Publishing Company may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your use of Findlay Publishing Company digital media.
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering with Findlay Publishing Company digital media.
- Information about transactions carried out over the Findlay Publishing Company digital media including the purchase of goods and services offered by the Findlay Publishing Company.
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to Findlay Publishing Company digital media services, including registering to receive text messages, email alerts and newsletters.
- Other information that you voluntarily send to Findlay Publishing Company digital media platforms.
- Using personal information
The Findlay Publishing Company may use your personal information to:
- Help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our digital media.
- Personalize the digital media for you.
- Enable your access to and use of the digital media services.
- Publish information you voluntarily submit on the Findlay Publishing Company digital media for publication.
- Send to you products that you purchase.
- Supply to you services that you purchase.
- Send you statements and invoices.
- Collect payments from you.
- Send you marketing communications with the choice to opt-in or opt-out.
- Verify the authenticity of the information or comments you submit for publication.
The Findlay Publishing Company will not use your personal information to:
- Provide user data to any third-party marketers unless you specifically opt-in to receive information from them, understanding this information may be released to these parties.
- We do not sell, trade, or provide Personal Information to marketing companies or information brokers or any other organization or individual.
Where The Findlay Publishing Company discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, The Findlay Publishing Company may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
The Findlay Publishing Company will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Updating this statement
Other websites and applications
The Findlay Publishing Company websites contain links to other websites. The Findlay Publishing Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party
Contact the Findlay Publishing Company
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by mail to Online Privacy, The Findlay Publishing Company, PO Box 609, Findlay, Ohio 45839
- by phone to 419-422-5151 Internet Department
Findlay Publishing Company websites use “cookies”; a small file sent from a Web server to your computer whenever you visit a website. If you return to the website later, your Web browser sends the small file to the server to notify the website of any previous activity you engaged in on the site. Once you return to a website, the server can retrieve the cookie file from local computer to assist in expediting certain functions such as logging in and retrieving account or user data. You can reject cookies or cancel them by instructing your Web browser accordingly.
Classified Refund Policy:
In the event of an advertisement cancellation, any credit balance created will be refunded to the credit card originally used. If this card should be unavailable for any reason, the refund will be paid by check if more than $10.00. If credit balance is less than $10.00, a cash refund can be picked up at the Findlay Publishing Company. Some exceptions can be made to this policy with Management approval.
Subscription Refund Policy:
If you should cancel your subscription for any reason within 30 days of purchase, your remaining credit will be refunded to the credit card that was charged originally. After that time, should a credit balance exist, refunds over $10.00 will be paid by check to the address on the account. If credit balance is less than $10.00, a cash refund can be picked up at the Findlay Publishing Company. Some exceptions can be made to this policy with Management approval.
For a refund you will need to contact a customer service representative By calling 419-422-5158
Once your subscription begins you should receive your newspaper daily (except on Sunday and designated Holidays) prior to 6:00 a.m. if you live inside the Findlay, Ohio city limits. If you live outside of the city limits of Findlay, Ohio you should receive your newspaper prior to 6:30 a.m. In the event that your newspaper does not arrive by the designated time you can call the Courier at 419-422-5158 or your newspaper delivery person to inquire about the status of your delivery. This designated time is merely a guide rather than a firm time. If your paper is late you will not be issued a refund or credit. A refund or credit will be issued if you did not receive your newspaper (except under mitigating circumstances).